Everyone already owning an hp tx1000:

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Ixidor, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Ixidor

Ixidor Scribbler - Standard Member

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW "OPTIONAL" UPDATE FOR YOUR NVIDIA DISPLAY DRIVER. IT MESSES UP YOUR SCREEN CALIBRATION. IF AND WHEN IT DOES, JUST UNINSTALL THE DRIVER AND REINSTALL IT USING RECOVERY MANAGER ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR STARTUP PROGRAMS.

That's enough caps-locking, I think. It's the latest update, made exactly yesterday and if your vista is set for automatic updates, this may happen. It was VERY annoying because after it installs, you can't recalibrate your touchscreen (not physically possible). But calling hp on their 24/7 support line gave prompt service, love hp support! Just a heads up for all those out there with the touchscreen.

2. mallmand

mallmand Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the heads up!

3. cybermarkkus

cybermarkkus Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm afraid I let the update install in my HP :( and when I try the recovery, I get an error... prolly because I never save the system in the first place...
    Can anyone please let me know where to get the good NVidia driver?

4. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

5. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i'm just curious about this (i don't own a tx1000, but rather a tc4400).

you mentioned that with the newly updated driver, you can't calibrate the digitiser. is it that the driver forbids the user to access the menu required to recalibrate? or is the entire recalibration module/driver/whatever-its-called removed?

i just found it odd that a graphics driver would override other hardware drivers and their functions!

6. Ixidor

Ixidor Scribbler - Standard Member

it actually sets your pointer so off that you can't press the calibration points (really irksome) hp support 24/7 works though.

7. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

Vista Ultimate actually updated the driver and have no problem with calibration. The only problem I notice is that I have to recalibrate when I change the screen position. The pen is not a digilizer. The screen is pressure sensitive.

8. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i thought the tx1000 uses a passive digitiser? and i thought only WACOM digitisers were pressure sensitive? besides, i believe it's not the screen itself that is pressure sensitive, it's the mechanism within the stylus

9. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't think kanehi was actually referring to the TX1000 being a Wacom Active screen with Pressure Sensitivity.

I think what he was saying was this:-
    The pen has no active digitizer components; as such this is referring to a Passive screen and the only way you can make the cursor move is by applying pressure on the screen.

10. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks P8RSON. The stylus has a plain jane nib, like what you use on a PDA. Sometimes I think the tx1000 is one large PDA. It does take a bit of pressure to accurately write on the screen and sometimes I'm afraid of cracking it! I find that changing the screen tip to medium point aids in the accuracy rather that the standard fine point.