Evernote sync problem

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by sezat, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sezat

sezat Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,
    I have a note with 110 pages but Asus can't sync this note. It gives a "Max Note Limit" error but I don't understand if this is a limitation of eee note or Evernote? because I also have snced many notes with 100 pages without problem. Is there any other walk around to sync this note to Evernote? I have tried mailing, directly adding or changing the file extension of the note but nothing worked so far :/

2. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. sezat

sezat Pen Pal - Newbie

4. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

I've just started to get the "Max note limit" problem, too. My note is only 56 pages at 2.5MB and I've only used 1% of my Evernote upload limit. After trying a few things I've settled on this work around, using the Eee Note Sync software...

• Connect the Eee Note to your PC in sync mode
    • Eee Note Sync software should open on your PC
    • Click on "Content Management"
    • Select "Notes" from the pull-down
    • Select the note you want to export
    • Click on "Export Note as Photo"
    • Select a directory on your PC to save the note to
    • In that directory you'll find a set of png images of the pages of the note
    • You can drag and drop the page images into an Evernote Notebook
    Personally I was syncing to Evernote and then using Evernote to send my notes to OneNote, which is where I keep them to work on. Instead I am now exporting my notes to PC, as above, but then using a batch print utility (like JMG Photo Printer) to send my notes to OneNote.

5. sezat

sezat Pen Pal - Newbie

wow that really worked thanks! on the other hand, when exporting as pictures the quality of the notes' decreases :/ but thanks again at least now I can sync with evernote.

6. BlacKnight

I'm glad it works for you. I see what you mean about the note quality. I think this happens because if you drag & drop the note png images directly to EverNote, then EverNote imports them at the original resolution, which is the same as the screen resolution on the Eee Note :(. Whereas if you can upload the notes directly from the Eee Note to EverNote then the notes are scaled up & anti-aliased, so they look better.

To improve the note quality you can send the png images through a batch printer, like JGM Photo Printer (which I linked to in my previous post). For example, you can batch print the notes to a PDF file and then drag and drop the PDF file to EverNote. The PDF printer driver will anti-alias the notes and improve the visual quality. To do this you will need a PDF printer driver. There are several free ones available. You might need to play with the printer driver page size and scaling, etc, to get it how you like it.

7. TheTwo

Hi BlacKnight,

the export of the eeeNote sync software does not use the alpha-chanel information stored in the internal gif-files.

When you convert the notes to pdf before adding them to evernote you could use the FPDFAM tool.

It uses the pressure information to get pictures of the notes that are anti-aliased as the ones uploaded to evernote.

TheTwo

8. BlacKnight

Hi TheTwo

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise that your utility works with notes, too. I guess I wasn't thinking about pressure data - just the pixel resolution.

Unfortunately, when I try and use your utility to download notes I get an error message:
    I have tried v0.6.4.1 and v0.6.4.2. I am not selecting a page range.

9. TheTwo

Hi BlacKnight,

Which information is in the window below the "generate PDF" button when the exception occurs?

Does the error occur with other Notes?

TheTwo

10. adamherst

adamherst Pen Pal - Newbie

I experienced this problem when using a non-Asus background. Changing to an Asus background on all pages of the notebook fixed the problem for me.

Adam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.