Eve V? Shipping, anyone?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Simo_the_Wolf, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey @LZbros, thanks for the taking the time to write that up (even after 2 years of waiting! :eek:). Back when the digitizer was under discussion, I gave a concerted effort to convince them to choose the EMR option.

Alas, I didn't succeed, and it was especially frustrating because they were aware of specific issues like jitter, but trusted the latest N-Trig digitizers would be able to solve them:

(Eve Forums)
    "As for the Ntrig pen performance and the jitter issue we found out that performance improves dramatically if you use Metal Mesh as conductive material instead of traditional ITO.

We are also getting Windows Ink certification currently that will enable us to make sure pen firmware is “mature” and works as supposed.

To sum it up. More expensive and perceice
    [sic] Metal Mesh solution is a way to go"

Your final evaluation really hit home, since it was exactly the fate I was trying to avoid⁠—the Eve V going down as "just another Surface clone", but remembered with disappointment at the hardware reliability and customer service.

I think a lot of dissatisfied Eve backers would have at least found solace in having a quality note-taking/drawing slate to take from all this. (Those really never go out of style, even with aging hardware. ;))

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    LZbros likes this.