Eve V Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by sonichedgehog360, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do you have any other Core-M N-Trig tablets to compare to? Perhaps the pen problems are related to the lower voltage chipset. In my testing, I've found AES performance to be quite CPU dependent compared to EMR.

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My m3 Surface Pro 4 doesn’t have this issue (and performs better in benchmarks too despite only 4 GB RAM).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That a full-on portable computer of even moderate quality, let alone one which scores well in comparison to big name brand models, can be brought to life with only 2500+ crowd funders is an amazing comment on our times.

I'm very impressed and happy that this device exists.

Mind you, they completely lost me at "N-Trig".

I remember back when the digitizer tech to be used was being debated. If the screen had been bigger, (this was also too small a device for me to want jump on board), I would have been a helluva lot more vocal about not picking a half-baked drawing system. I really don't want to demand, "You had a real, honest to god chance to ENSURE the correct choice for, arguably, THE most important part in an art machine, and you went with mediocre tech?"

Shoot, they could have used real Wacom tablet drivers and have trumped even Samsung's 12" EMR tablet!

(Count to ten. Slowly. Democracy is the worst form of government -except for all the others. The world didn't end. Breathe.)

Because, obviously, it was not a big enough issue with the voting user base to matter, so who cares what I think?

Good for them, and congratulations are in order!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 7:18 PM
    WillAdams likes this.
  4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Believe me when I say, I argued and belabored to the point of annoying the entire Eve community, trying to get next-gen EMR digitizer in there.

(If you recall, I even tried to drum up some support in a private convo to all the artists on these forums. ;))

But in the end it seemed interest was too low and costs too high (what else is new :vbrolleyes:).

Still, I think that EVE would have gotten great exposure and a very loyal following as the only low-cost 12" 3:2 EMR drawing tablet—a niche which is still unfilled.

They might have even been able to partner with CELSYS or SYSTEMAX (SAI) and other art developers for some interesting cross-promotion in the Asian markets. Sigh...dreams, dreams.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018 at 3:59 PM
    WillAdams and thatcomicsguy like this.
  5. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You know.., I DO remember you doing that. -I even think, if they'd simply said, "It'll cost X dollars more if we go with EMR" I'd have been happy to pay the extra. If the screen had also been bigger, I'd probably be drawing on one of those machines right now.

A crowd sourced drawing board of top notch quality? That would have been so great..!

Ah well... It is what it is, I guess.

6. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I argued for Wacom EMR as well, and lost interest when they decided to go w/ NTrig.

Very glad Samsung did the GB12 --- just wish I could find a nice stylus w/ a side rocker switch w/ the same low initial activation force of the Staedtler Noris Digital Stylus and that the side switch could be configured.