Eraser as right-click?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ScubaX, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rohan

Rohan Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm considering buying a tablet PC and was just wondering, is there a way to turn the erase function (turning the pen over and using the other end) into a right-click function? I assume there's probably some easy way in the control panel, but don't yet own a tablet PC to try it myself. Would this work on an older tablet such as the HP TC1100 (Wacom digitiser) so long as I was using a pen with an eraser?

Thanks heaps for your time :)

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

The Wacom drivers that you can install will give you the option of changing the side button to other things, but not the eraser. I changed my side button to erase and then press and hold for right click. It's pretty easy to press and hold to get the right click so you can leave the eraser to do what it does.

3. whiteBB6

whiteBB6 Pen Pal - Newbie

how do you change the side button? i can't seem to find it...
    i want to change my side button to left click becuase my pen seems to be not too responsive to the touch pressure

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Senior Member

you need to download the wacom enhanced tablet driver from their website.

5. Adrian890

Adrian890 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is this usable with the tx2, n-trig? Or any other software why would work? Thnx

6. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

You will need to go into the N-trig control panel (or whatever they call it :) ) and check and see if customization is available. The wacom control panel will not work without a wacom device.

7. Rohan

Rohan Pen Pal - Newbie

Damn, so there's no way to remap the erase function? It would be so useful. Thanks heaps for your responses!

8. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

IDK of anyway, and like I said press and hold works really well. If you could change the eraser to right click, you would have to flip the pen to open the context menu and then flip the pen to select your right click item or if possible, re-click on the item to select and then flip the pen back. Either way, flipping the pen is not very efficient. Even on my Cross pen I primarily use the side button to activate the eraser instead of flipping the pen. The pens eraser is also spring loaded so you press and hold to erase not tap. So, if you could activate the eraser to be a right click, you would have to press and release twice to select something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.