EP121 replacement power adapter

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by amademan78, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...so any aftermarket brands on ebay?..>>

...Please read the thread from the beginning. I think this question has been answered.

<<...wats the voltage i need to look for?..>>

...19 V, ~3.0 to 3.5 A output. Most modern AC adapters will accept 100 V to 240 V AC input, but you should check that against your local wall plug voltage just in case...

2. furythree

furythree Pen Pal - Newbie

24$ shipping..fkn ridiculous

wat kid of tip shud i be askingfor?

3. 3_D

3_D Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here, sent in and new adaptor works perfect.

4. Lazer

Lazer Pen Pal - Newbie

I picked up the Innergie adapter, and bought the Tekkon tip (both mentioned on this forum). This combination has been absolutely perfect!

5. madmarcus

madmarcus Pen Pal - Newbie

Same as others on here I dropped my 121 slightly and broke off the tip of the charger.

I picked up 2 of the chargers from ebay. They have worked well; the tips are slightly loose but once I make contact they seem fairly solid even as I move around (sitting in one place with the 121 held in the crock of my right arm). I did have more problems right after getting them (first hour or so). They now seem to have a slight tilt to the tips that wasn't there when I first unpacked them which might explain this behavior.

I also bought a Tekkeon tip to repair the ASUS charger. It was a pain to solder on to the old cord but works well. I used a hacksaw to cut off some of the plastic on the tip to allow easier soldering. The tips fit perfectly; if it wasn't such a pain to solder onto them I'd buy another and replace the slightly too small tip on the ebay adaptor.

6. dan300

dan300 Pen Pal - Newbie

7. smslocum

smslocum Earnest Pilgrim

Tip L.
    Source:
    CheckTip

8. StewartJoseph

StewartJoseph Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone come up with a decent replacement adapter for the Ep121? Hopefully one that doesn't cost $100 like the Asus OEM adapter.

I am contemplating getting the Innergie Adapter with Tekkeon tip, but wanted to check if there were better alternatives.

Those ebay adapters mentioned in this thread seem like hit or miss in terms of proper plug fit, anyone else have good luck with these?
    Are there any Radio Shack or Walmart adapters that would work with the Tekkeon tip?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

9. knightwrangler

knightwrangler Pen Pal - Newbie

Reviving an old thread-my slate fell off a corner table this past week. It was plugged in and the tip bent and then completely snapped off.
    I was able to find and purchase an Innergie mCube Lite from a local Walmart.
    I then emailed the company but have not received a reply regarding the tip in question "L".

Can someone reply with information-part # where they might have purchased a tip locally? Maybe Radio Shack (The Source, here in Canada) or a computer retailer...
    I am having serious tablet withdrawal symptoms since I cannot use or charge the tablet without the tip!

10. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I fixed mt tip...see thread "fix"