EP121 preorder site...?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by nnthemperor, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prepseb

prepseb Scribbler - Standard Member

Doing the same, I found that TigerDirect Canada have the 1A010M and the 1A011M. Both unavailable...

And the ones from BestBuy Canada are the 1A004M and the 1A005M... The 64gb version is sold out...:mad: :mad:

2. tikiroom32

tikiroom32 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody have any shipping updates? Has anyone received anything from Amazon or Microsoft? Just wondering if Asus was shipping any to anybody since I haven't heard anything.

3. CyProf

CyProf Long-Time Lurker

I've been waiting for a while and my ship dates from CDW keep moving back. Looking at next week sometime at the current moment.

4. triggrhaapi

triggrhaapi Scribbler - Standard Member

Microsoft is saying ship date is around March 7th. By then I'll know just how much better this thing is than the iPad 2.

5. prepseb

I don't think we can compare this with an ipad. I think it's just a different class of tablet. You can compare android, webos and ipad. If MacOS was on a tablet, then you could compare it with the ep121.

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Correction...if MacOS was on a tablet...WITH a Wacom Digitizer, then you could compare it with the ep121.

Full Operating System that run full programs like Photoshop + Wacom

A real tablet really shouldn't have one without the other.

7. prepseb

I agree!:)

8. vinikun

vinikun Pen Pal - Newbie

Btw, that exact situation happened to me. Today I had to return my EP121 to Frys. Last week they had exactly one in stock in all of northern California, so I got it. I opened it to find that the backlight didn't work at all. I disassembled the machine, somehow got the backlight working, only to find that the Windows 7 install was corrupt, so I had to reinstall Windows 7. For the past week the system was AMAZING. However, today the backlight suddenly stopped working and no amount of wiggling wires inside the system could get it to work again. So I had to return it to Frys today, and it was so disappointing because they clearly had none in stock anywhere.

Now I have to play the waiting game to get a new one :(

9. CyProf

CyProf Long-Time Lurker

Ordered my EP121 on 2/2 and estimated ship date is currently 3/28 from CDW. I gave up my spot in line for the Slate 500 for this and I'm wondering if it was worth it.

10. 299792458

299792458 Pen Pal - Newbie

I would have recommended Microsoft Store or Amazon. I know that although CDW is no mom and pop shop, I don't think they'll get as much stock.

The only one that seems to actually know how many they are getting each time (and thus updating their shipping dates after they sell out for each shipment) is Microsoft. Today they say shipping March 21, which will probably change once they sell out of their expected March 21 stock. Funny thing is, I ordered from MS on Jan 26 as a backup to Amazon. Needless to say, I was one of the lucky ones in that first batch and got mine on the promised Feb 7th date. Cancelled Amazon that day (I would STILL be waiting).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.