EP121 preorder site...?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by nnthemperor, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. species5618w

species5618w Scribbler - Standard Member

Would that work? There are some report claiming that the tablet is using modular SSD like those in the new Mac Airs.

2. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

ewww.. i guess we have to use cloud and SDXC, which once they come out with resonable priced 128gb wont be so bad.. in fouuur yearrrrs!

3. seti007

seti007 Pen Pal - Newbie

4. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

Awesome thanks for the link. That actually appears to be great news! It appears you can open it up and upgrade these SSDs as with any other HDD enclosed SSD, just use a ribbon cable or plug in the chip. As apposed to the Macbook Air which im pretty sure has the **** soldered right to the motherboard, leaving you stuck with aging technology. Thats one thing that bothered me about it, atleast with my older 2008 macbook i could upgrade the ram and hdd to my liking, and easily. It appears with the ep121 you still have some customization options. Im going to look into these further and find out what they are all about. So far I have found they offer a 128gb version, but it seems very hard to find not to mention how horrible the price probably is. But its a start.

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. mittmark

mittmark Scribbler - Standard Member

If it got 10 hours they would be promoting that big time, but their not talking battery life at all.

7. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anyone else optimistic that they will offer the transformer style keyboard with additional battery extension?

8. hawk24

hawk24 Pen Pal - Newbie

Battery life is 3 hours according to amazon and the hands on on the windows blog.

9. mittmark

Yes, that configuration would be better for the EP121. Even better is to add a digitizer to the Transformer model. With a 10" screen, pen, long battery life - now that's the tablet I'm looking for.

10. mittmark

Sounds like an upgraded HP TC1100 is all I want. 7 years and still waiting....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.