EP121 photoshop

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by gmoneyphx, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMMD-Z

CMMD-Z Pen Pal - Newbie

Groovy music Shog. ;)

2. Sp1ce

Sp1ce Pen Pal - Newbie

I've never had success installing new Wacom drivers... on my LE1700 or my new EP121

The only Wacom driver that works flawless without any fancy installation or disabling hardware is the 5.05-7
    you can download it from the wacom asia site
    wacom

3. Kamui

Kamui Pen Pal - Newbie

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I've tried a billion drivers, installing and uninstalling. Wacom, Fujitsu... none of them worked properly. The Fujitsu driver would only work with the latest wacom installed as well but there would be a duplicate and I would be getting double and triple clicks when i tapped the pen on any button.

I've found the latest wacom drivers to be really messed up with windows 7. I use an intuos4 at work and I had to use the previous version driver for pressure sensitivity to work properly in photoshop and other programs. My coworker needed to use the previous version driver to get his cintiq working as well.

I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to get pressure sensitivity in my drawing programs but this previous version driver worked great. I was worried because you couldn't choose a previous version driver when searching wacom's site but I didn't think of using the asia website!

Once again, thank you for letting us know about this!! :)

4. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

Huh...that must mean the EP121 is 32-bit by default...?

I used to use an older driver (5.05-something) with great success on my 2710, but had to abandon that approach when I switched to 64-bit on the 2730.

I am intrigued! I'd still like to find something that let me use SAI in addition to PS and Sketchbook.

Edit: No, it is 64-bit! Curiouser and curiouser...I'll have to try this tomorrow.

5. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Wacom is working on a driver to fix the BSOD. See my post IN BSOD thread.

6. jerelyn

OK, so I finally gave this a try today. I was very excited to see that it let me install this on the 64-bit windows 7.

Art Apps with sensitivity:
    - Alias Sketchbook Pro 2011
    - Artrage Studio
    - Paint Tool SAI (FINALLY!!)
    - Photoshop CS4/CS5 32-bit

Art Apps WITHOUT sensitivity:
    - Photoshop CS4/CS5 64-bit

Given that this driver complained about a 64-bit Vista OS on my 2730, I'm guessing this means those drivers simply aren't loaded with 64-bit Photoshop.

That said, since no one mentioned this limitation, I was curious whether anyone has seen this driver work with 64-bit PS.

I've never investigated the differences between 32-bit and 64-bit photoshop, so it could be I'm sacrificing much-needed performance, but assuming that's not the case, this makes me happy. I'm delighted to have SAI working without any fiddly tweaks, and this driver always served me very well with my 2710. Especially if it is BSOD-free.

That said, I'll no doubt try out the new Wacom drivers once they are out of beta.

7. Sp1ce

Sp1ce Pen Pal - Newbie

64bit photoshop is a bust, have never seen pressure sensitivity work for it. Stick with 32bit

8. jerelyn

Thanks for the confirmation. :) So far I haven't noticed any performance degradation between 64bit and 32bit, even with big files and brushes, so I think I'll be happy with this. I might reconsider that if 8GB DDR3 SODIMM's ever become affordable, but I think that's some ways off. :p

9. Sp1ce

Sp1ce Pen Pal - Newbie

10. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

Huh, I've been using photoshop x64 since day 1 with this tablet and it works great with pressure sensitivity. I'm using the latest wacom drivers available on their site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.