EP121 not booting properly

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Annika L, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annika L

Annika L Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, so I figured it was about time I got this sorted out. I've had my EP121 for several years now. It's been dropped on multiple occations, (at one point I had to get the display fixed) it's battery is pretty useless these days, and I've more recently had to replace a broken power cord. It was working fine for a little while after that but then one day I went to boot it up and for some reason it could only get so far. When it gets to the user page, the user doesn't load, and the display flickers on and off and... well, that's all it does. This happened many months ago, and I've just never gotten around to asking anyone about it. I took a video of it, in case that helps.

Anyone have any clue what might be wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. fxbelloir

fxbelloir Pen Pal - Newbie

If you have a keyboard with a USB connector, try to plug it in and use it to enter any boot safe mode (hiting F8 or F10, I don't remember.*
    By doing this, you can chose to not load specific drivers and then you can check if you end up with the same issue or not.
    If yes, then it is likely to be a hardware failure or a corrupted display driver (even the gneneric one).
    Try this...

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Looks like a corruption to me than hardware issue. Did you make rescue usb ?

4. RickL

RickL Pen Pal - Newbie

Try resetting the device via the reset hole between the 2 usb ports. Had the same issue, that fixed it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.