EP121 FlipSteady case Video preview

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Routb3d, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Routb3d

Routb3d Scribbler - Standard Member

It's hard for me to believe too! I guess I got used to designing for thinner tablets like the iPad, the nexus 7 and the kindle fire.. The slight elevation that happens with a thicker tablet somehow escaped my attention in the mix.. The good news Is that Ill always look out for that from this point forward even though I will most likely never have to deal with it again. The bad news is that the Asus EP121 is an older tablet and I didn't catch it in time for the first round of production. . For that I apologize.. I sincerely hope my creation enriches your life in some small way despite the imperfections it has. Thank you for supporting me so I can learn all of these things. You are 1 of 26 people who own this original product and each one of you count.

Thank you,

Isaiah Coberly
    NewPencil Inc.

2. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

I found the landscape tilt frustrating as well because I mostly use the slate, when at my desk, in the landscape orientation with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Unlike the iPad, the EP121 is a viable laptop alternative in this mode. My poppers (snap fastners) didn't work very well though and kept coming un popped. as you can see, with the snaps disengaged the slate sits perfectly flat. In fact that is why I added the two little feet on the bottom edge. The only issue is that the stand sort of hangs out at the top a little bit. So, if you lean towards OCD it probably looks terrible. But I have now got used to it.

WP_000153.jpg

3. StewartJoseph

StewartJoseph Pen Pal - Newbie

This a late to the party reply on this thread, but in just in case anyone has a spare EP121 / B121 original leather folio case they are not using, I am in the market for one.

Preferably in excellent condition? Let me know.
    You can email me at swj2009@gmail.com or PM me.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Stewart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.