Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Routb3d, Aug 15, 2012.
Have the flipsteadys for the Ep 121 shipped yet?
The asus cases are shipping next week.We got a few days behind waiting for parts and taking care of our kickstarter orders.
Look forward to fitting it ) I suppose though, that it will take a little time to arrive in the UK. Must be patient.
I think we've been patient enough, ETA was supposed to be August, but we accepted mid-September AND NOW it almost end of SEPTEMBER. , And yet i get to see other videos on updates on how to use the cases for those that receive their case already.
I have made room or allowances for delay, but regular update are also nice for we who are yet receive are cases.
Good point.. I'll have a video or photo update for all Asus EP121 in the next few days.. Ill post some videos of the EP121 production to youtube as well as Kickstarter.. Sorry for the silence. We have been running hard. Also, sorry for the inequality in the EP121 priority vs iPad. We had to make sure to take care of the majority first.. Admittedly, the EP121 cases are far more exciting to me and I'm really excited for you to get your cases. Updates sure to excite EP121 users are coming soon! Cases shipping emediately after.. I want you all to see the troop of EP121 cases standing proudly together before they go out around the world and into your hands. There may be a few cases in the line up that are waiting for a home if anyone out there is on the edge about this. I expect they will be claimed quickly.
Just got an email notice that my case is shipping within the next few days. Hope that's accurate, and very excited that it'll be on it's way soon! I'll post some comments once I receive and start using it.
FlipSteady cases are now Shipping. Thanks to all who ordered!
Your Video update -
Got mine! It's really great. Real sturdy. Of course, I believe it still needs a little refining.
1) The rotate button is partially covered. It's possible to still access it, but you're talking about digging your nail through the material to be able to push it through.
2) The concept is great, but it doesn't feel complete. While it does stand very well in some ways (like Vertically) it doesn't feel like landscape stands correctly. You can tell when you lay it horizontally that the side the cover is attached on is lifted a little higher (I think adding those "silicone" tabs will help that since it appears to be that it slides away from the side that it's not connected to). It also get complicated with which way it's supposed to fold and sometimes it feels like I'm folding it wrong and it will rip.
3) The hole for the home button is not as convenient as I wish it would be. It is difficult to push that home bottom more than when it was in its original case anyways.
4) The corners should be protected in my opinion. When rotating from landscape to portrait it's easy to bang up the corners and sides and in time it will show in my opinion
5) Make the tether something rubbery. That part feels like it will rip the flip in 2 if its flipped to hard. If it's like a rubber band it will still do it's job, but give that slack that wont break the case
Overall, it's still a great case, but those improvements will make it better. Your design feels like it's fit for the lighter tablets out there. With the technology getting smaller and smaller I doubt that you'll have to worry about the heavy tablets like this one, but if you plan on tweaking or changing any parts of this design I think these will help.
EDIT: One more thing that I think you really should address is that depending on how the case it placed it WILL affect the screen. By that I mean it will sense like it someone is touching the corner of the screen or something which can really mess with user experience.
First of all, Thanks for being the first to review the FlipSteady for the ASUS EP121. I appreciate your order and the thought and time that you put into your post. Ill respond to your review in Blue within the quote.
I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about here in your edit. I have been using the case for a while and I have never had the contact from the case register as a touch on the screen. Care to elaborate here?
Thanks again for the review!
Well an example is when I had internet explorer open. I would Google something and all of a sudden it would minimize. I thought maybe I hit something, but then when I opened and was careful it would do it again. It wasn't until I readjusted the corners that I realized the pressure on the glass from the case was causing this. I think it was possible 1 thing now that I think about it.
You know how when you pull the case back and the tether kind of has that tension that pulls on that part of the case that is on the side where the home button is? That's what was causing it. With that pressure pulling that side of the case I think it squeezes the front on the tablet enough that it senses pressure and in my case was pushing the "desktop" button on the right bottom corner.
Separate names with a comma.