EP121 easy touch disable or palm rejection adjustment

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by reaver shadow, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reaver shadow

reaver shadow Pen Pal - Newbie

Picked up a EP121 from my local bestbuy in hamilton ontario. I'm really enjoying it. It's not perfect but what is.

only major issue i'm having is when i'm writing with the pen and my palm is reating on the screen, it moves the page or add unwanted inking.

is there a wacom program to adjust or turn off touch?

if not any one have any other idea's?

currently i disable touch through the control panel before i'm going to write something but is an added irritating step, o enable/disable

2. jagermu

jagermu Pen Pal - Newbie

There is an automatic setting that picks up the pen when it close to the screen and disables touch. Then you can double click on the background screen to reenable touch. Still not ideal, but better than manually enabling/disabling.

3. reaver shadow

reaver shadow Pen Pal - Newbie

i've been using windows journal, and i never had to double click to re-enable touch.

when the tip in with 1/2 inch from screen palm doesn't seem to ink but i have large hands and i lift pen frequently especially since i draw a lot of diagrams.

is onenote or evernote different?

4. jagermu

jagermu Pen Pal - Newbie

It is a config setting to have it work this way. I think the default is to have both touch and the digitizer enabled and the processor will try to figure it out based on the input being transmitted. This is with the Slate 500 which is NTrig though, so it might act a bit differently.

5. species5618w

species5618w Scribbler - Standard Member

There's something called Touch Control, which can enable/disable touch with one click.

6. snubber

snubber Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd love this option actually. Unfortunately, it seems that touch gets restored as soon as the pen isn't recognized anymore, which happens when it's less than an inch off the screen. If I lift the pen to high to see what I wrote, or move my hand into a new position, the touch gets activated and my palm starts messing things up.

7. snubber

snubber Pen Pal - Newbie

Where or what is this? Definitely couldn't find it on my EP121, and google turned up nothing concrete.

8. jagermu

jagermu Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately this option was specific to the HP Slate 500 which uses the Ntrig pen.There's still an option to turn it off but it's 4 clicks deep under Control Panel-Hardware and Sound- Change touch input settings. It would be nice to have a one click option to change it, Thought I saw a link to such a utility in one of the forums, but I can't seem to find it now

9. prepseb

prepseb Scribbler - Standard Member

The best thing to do:

Find the MS-DOS command to enable/disable the touch control.
    Write a batch file that will alternate enable/disable
    Put it on the taskbar.
    Voila.

If there's a way to enable/disable via the Control Panel, there's a chance for a dos command.

10. Edwood

Edwood Scribbler - Standard Member

Bump for a solution to this one. Would be great is there was a simple batch file or script to toggle capacitive touch on and off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.