EP121 - Clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by JustDavid, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustDavid

JustDavid ASUS EP121 Slate user

Yes, both via Windows Anytime Upgrade and via a clean install. Everything is working fine.

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Been running a clean install of Windows Ultimate x64 since Day 1 which was January 27th and the drivers from Asus's site and the Wacom pen driver have everything running perfectly. I do from time to time have the touch digitizer go out maybe once every week on average and usually after I've had the machine on for about a week.

3. Dev_00

Dev_00 Pen Pal - Newbie

I did a fresh install and everything seems to run fine. The biggest issue I have is that when using OneNote and the power settings are on either balanced or high performance, the touch/pen still freeze the entire computer for 10 - 45 seconds at a time. I'm not sure if it's OneNote specific, or if it's because this is the one program that I use that I am constantly switching between pen and touch.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

4. JohnathanKong

JohnathanKong Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried doing a fresh install. Could not get the G-Sensor working. I installed the driver and Asus Hot Key Service, but it would not work. I looked inside the Sensors area, and it was not found. When I go into Device Manager, the Sensor has an "!" on the icon and the error says that the device could not be started. When I delete the device, it doesn't come back and Windows won't redetect it. Right now I used my restore CD to get windows back on to ensure that the hardware is OK, and it is. Not too sure what's happening, but this could be what other people are having issues with as well.

5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. JClishe

JClishe Pen Pal - Newbie

Like what? And don't forget if you leave it sleeping long enough it will automatically hibernate. Exactly how long depends on the power plan; I use the power saver plan and I'm pretty sure it hibernates after sleeping for 360 minutes.

7. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

ThatsJustHowISeeIt Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the inpit everyone. So it seems I should be fine with installing WIndows 7 X64 and then downloading and installing the regular 32 bit drivers of the Asus Web site because they hardly list anything specifically for 64 bit windows 7.

8. Vetequk

Vetequk Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if anyone has covered this but if you register your artrage serial number at artrage.com. your can then download an installer to reintsall the software.

9. BradInOz

BradInOz IT Guru

I did that the first day I got mine...

Don't know if anybody else knows this or not, but I think I mentioned it in another thread here somewhere...

10. anthony_bu

anthony_bu Pen Pal - Newbie

That 100MB partition is for BitLocker service since you are installing the Ultimate edition of Windows 7.

After you partitioning during installation, delete all the partitions besides the 100MB one, and "extend" it to the size you want. This is the hack to remove it. But make sure you don't use BitLocker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.