EP121 charging port pin broke off

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by smithderek76, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithderek76

smithderek76 Pen Pal - Newbie

The charging port on my EP121 broke earlier today the pin completely broke off I have popped the back off of the tablet and looked around I have also disconnected the old port from the middle of the board and ordered a replacement from E-Bay I should have that by next Friday. I was wondering if anyone knows how I would go about removing the old one. I have been searching for tutorials and can't find one and anyone who has dealt with Asus supports knows they will get the form letter that reads we don't recommend that you open the machine send it to us through RMA (so we can make money) or if it isn't worth the money buy a new machine (so we can make even more money). Well thanks but no thanks I am confident I can fix it but would like to try to find a guide for removing the port. I can see it but there is an overlapping board I would have to remove and I am unsure of how I would do so but I'll figure it out if necessary. Any insight anyone can offer would be great. Also ordering a new 256GB M-Sata drive to throw in here.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

3 items to remember

1..Slowly open back...
    remove fan cable carefully..

2. remove rest of the components to get to the port...

3 Slow and patient with a anti static table.

3. smithderek76

Thanks I was wondering if the port is just sitting wedged in between the boards or is it connected to the boards, or the bezel. I am waiting for the part to come before I mess with it again by fan cable do you mean the one connected to the back of the case

4. smithderek76

It came off with out a hitch. I'm typing this from ep121 plugged in while charging. Monitoring my temps to make sure I got the paste right realized I have never checked them and don't have anything to compare normal with. They are in the low 50's with a few things running

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.