EP121 Blue Screen Of Death? :(

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by ilya11naza, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Waiting for a reply from Wacom that I can do that..have not heard back. Not sure on the legal side.

2. kary

kary Pen Pal - Newbie

Any word on these? I'm going to need pretty consistent sensitivity or I'll have to return this. Shame as it's a pretty great experience outside that problem.

3. Hawkz19

Hawkz19 Pen Pal - Newbie

So let me try to get everything that has been figured out straight. The BSOD seems to be caused by the latest Wacom Tablet PC Drivers (7.01-8). Will uninstalling these drivers theoretically stop the BDOD? I only seem to get them when I turn on the ep121 while it is running on batteries. Does this seem to be the case for everyone else?

Additionally it seems some people have tried the Fujitsu drivers but those appear to also cause BSOD, but perhaps less often. And now CF77 has beta drivers from Wacom that seem to fix the problem, so we are just waiting on those?

I really love this thing but the BSOD is not cool. Especially when it wants to try to do a recovery or restore and I don't have a wired keyboard with to choose not to. I need pressure sensitivity for photoshop and without it I might as well have bought a POS iPad.

4. bahaya

bahaya Pen Pal - Newbie

I am also using the Fujitsu Drivers and i get BSOD randomly but only when i do a cold start. The BSOD sucks but with those drivers, i get pressure sensitivity in every program, i use, just what i am used to from wacom tablets. The other drivers are kinda weird. Especially the Wacom ones, when i get pressure sensitivity in photoshop, it doesn't work in Artrage etc...wtf!? So i really hope Asus and Wacom will deliver a proper working driver.
    When i uninstall the Fujitsu Driver and get the default drivers, the BSOD is gone but i end up having the crippled wacom experience (out of the box)...Art Rage works fine with pressure but Photoshop does not.
    As far as the keyboard problem: the volume rocker acts as arrow up/down and the home button acts as enter key.

5. Hawkz19

Hawkz19 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the clue about the volume and home button! Should save me a lot of future grief.

6. jywang

jywang Scribbler - Standard Member

My BSOD started after installing the Wacom drivers. They went away when I uninstalled the Wacom drivers (from the Wacom website). I am also waiting for the new drivers.

7. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.