EP121 Blue Screen Of Death? :(

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by ilya11naza, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjh000

mrjh000 Lurker

I don't think anyone else had the BSOD problem, otherwise they'd be posting in this thread. From what I read around the forum it seems like the newest Wacom drivers worked fine for everyone except us. I'm beginning to think we're the unlucky ones who got the few defective units and that the problem is hardware related, not software/driver. I still get the occasional BSOD, but not very often, so I can live with it.

2. Kreed

Kreed Pen Pal - Newbie

No BSOD here.

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

did you installed wacom enhanced graphic driver?

4. Kreed

Kreed Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed Wacom Penabled Driver Driver 7.01-8 (RC) for Penabled Tablet PCs on stock config am using it on CS5.

5. snubber

snubber Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed the Wacom driver and for a couple weeks it's worked well. However just now I got a couple BSODs (the bad_pool_header error). Very frustrating. Can't think of anything I changed recently, except for power plan options.

6. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been running mine nearly constantly since I got it thursday morning, and no blue screen of death, and there were a few issues with the touch/pen inputs freezing, but as soon as I installed the wacom driver from their site, no problems.

7. chyobot

chyobot Pen Pal - Newbie

i've been getting the bsod's too. it usually only happens after i wake up my ep121. i also have the wacom drivers isntalled.

has anyone tried contacting ASUS about this issue?

8. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

I saw this one several times *while* installing the Wacom drivers, but that was an install after I'd already installed/uninstalled a different version (fujitsu - didn't keep them because they clobbered sensitivity in Sketchbook pro, which the Wacom drivers did not).

I did a full recovery of the system, installed the Wacom drivers, and haven't jostled the drivers since, and so far no more BSOD. Here's hoping.

And here's wishing that, someday, tablet drivers would not be so unreliable!

9. bandit83

bandit83 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does the Wacom driver work with Photoshop CS5? I tried installing it and it didn't give me touch pressure at all. And when I uninstalled it, I got the BSOD.

I'm doing a full recovery of the system now and am downloading all the Windows updates except Realtek HD Audio Drivers and EETI PCAP MultiTouch Digitizer. Any advice on what I should do next to get sensitivity on Photoshop/Sketchbook and avoiding a BSOD?

Argh, these drivers are so frustrating...! :(

10. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

Do you really mean touch pressure? If so, then no. But the "ISD_DualTouch_701-8" tablet driver does give me pen pressure in CS5, and has not removed it from Sketchbook Pro (2011). No luck with SAI, alas. :(

FWIW, I suggest you make use of the creation of system restore points before installing any wacom drivers. :) Much easier to just rollback than to take your chances uninstalling/reinstalling tablet drivers. Just be aware that the default space for restore points is 0%, so you'll need to let it gobble up more precious disk space.

(I can't remember if I installed the EETI PCAP MultiTouch Digitizer", but I suspect I avoided it, since I didn't want to rock the boat.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.