EP121 Blue Screen Of Death? :(

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by ilya11naza, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks. Do you remember which programs you removed, in which order, and after which one you did not have a bsod?

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I had the BSOD when I was on battery using the WACOM drivers, FUjitsu Drivers ...did not recall experiencing any BSOD while plugged in.

hose who had BSOD before ..Were you on Battery as well??

I had not experienced any BSOD since I re-installed the ASUS driver by Microsoft.

3. mrjh000

mrjh000 Lurker

Removing the programs does not help with the BSOD. It only helps with the problem with windows waiting for a program to shut down when you shut down windows. I don't remember the order I uninstalled programs, but it was from the top of the list down. The only Asus programs left are: Asus Gsensor, Asus EeeSlate Hotkey, ControlDeck for EeeSlate, Winflash, ATK WMIACPI Utility, and Hotkey Service.

On a side note, I was looking through Administrative Tools/Services and I found 'Net Driver HPZ12' and 'Pml Driver HPZ12' turned to auto on. Googling showed those two services to be HP printer drivers. Why the heck is HP printer drivers doing on my Asus slate?

4. ilya11naza

ilya11naza Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a blue screen of death shortly after installing it myself, but haven't had one since. Even if more are to come, this is definately and improvement.

5. CF77

have you try to boot on low battery setting??.

6. ilya11naza

yes, a couple times before - and just did again- no bsod so far. i also have disabled power managment on all the input devices i could in device manager.

7. CF77

A solution...?? I should try later.

8. CF77

btw..did you use the version 5.1.1 or 5.2.2 from fujitsu.??

9. ilya11naza

version 5.1.1

10. ilya11naza

So I found a solution of sorts. After installing the 5.1.1 Fujitsu driver you can install the Wacom driver from ASUS website without uninstalling the Fujitsu driver. That results in no more BSOD and full pressure sensitivity in Windows, Photoshop, and Painter. However, the cursor behaves somewhat eradically in photoshop menus and the inking experience doesnt seem quite as smooth. This might be worth it for some, I ended up going back to just running the Fujitsu driver myself.

A lof of you guys been getting the slates. Is nobody else experiencing BSOD issues with latest wacom tablet pc driver installed? o_0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.