EP121 Blue Screen Of Death? :(

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by ilya11naza, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I did installed the HD Drivers. I like to try the memory dean. I could not find this program in the system. where can get it? I will try boot EP-121 when battery is how. i.e. below 25%. perhaps the BSOD is repeatable.

2. CF77

I have uninstalled the Wacom Penabled enhanced graphic driver 7.01-8 RC. I have not experienced the BSOD with 'bad pool header" during boot.

3. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting about the Wacom driver, sorry it's causing you problems. You're on a the factory installed OS correct? Without these Wacom drivers pen buttons don't work and I think they fix issues with pressure in Photoshop.

4. ilya11naza

ilya11naza Pen Pal - Newbie

I can confirm that indeed Wacom 7.01-8 Drivers are the cause of the BSOD. :(

I had multiple blue screens a day until I finally had enough and used the restore disks to reset the system back to default. I used it frequently for the next 3 days without installing any software or drivers. I rebooted the system about 20 times each of those days just to make sure the problem was solved. It was - no Blue Screens appeared.

Finally, I installed the Wacom 7.01-8 Driver and Internet Explorer 9 Beta. Nothing else. Sure enough, I had a couple BSOD shorly afterwards.

This is really sad as without pressure sensitivity in Photoshop the slate is useless to me. If anyone finds a solution to this problem, please let me know.

I didnt bother uninstalling the factory digitizer driver before installing the wacom one. I wonder if that could have caused the issue?

Finally, let me know if you guys think I should exchange my tablet for another one. My receipt is running out. How many people here have NOT experienced a Blue Screen of Death on EP 121 with Wacom Drivers installed?

Thank you.

5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Perhaps you could post something on this issue on the Wacom forum. It seems that the Wacom support read their forum and answer.

6. mrjh000

mrjh000 Lurker

Hello everyone. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. Just thought I'd add my personal experience and a possible fix for the BSOD problem.

I received my EP121 yesterday (from Amazon) and today I started installing/uninstalling/updating programs and drivers on the system. I noticed that after I installed the latest Wacom driver (downloaded straight from the site) I began to get BSOD during system boot up. It will happen around once in every five times. I also found that whenever I try to change the pen switch function in Wacom's Pen Tablet Properties it will not save and will reset to right click for both switches. In desperation I tried the Fujitsu driver from this thread:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hardware/35675-howto-proper-tabletpc-calibration-windows.html

I installed the pen only driver, not the pen+touch driver (I figured I'll just let windows handle my touch function). After installing the Fujitsu driver, my EP121 stopped getting the BSOD. I shut down and/or restarted many times and the BSOD never showed up. The pen switch problem is fixed, I get to keep pressure sensitivity, and the touch function is not affected. This might be a possible fix for people having the BSOD problem.

Edit: Never mind. Looks like this did not work. Just got BSOD again.

7. species5618w

species5618w Scribbler - Standard Member

So in other words, you would get weird freezes if you don't install the driver and BSOD if you do. Nice choices.

8. CF77

Do U need to uninstalled the original driver first?? edit: (YES) I have to do it first.

9. mrjh000

mrjh000 Lurker

Looks like I'm wrong. I just got the BSOD again this morning. Sorry for not being able to help.

i

10. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have and I've not experienced one BSOD at all on my EP121. However I did have the the touch digitizer freeze today, first time in a week but I have the power saving option checked on my digitizers. But as usual a quick Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence cleared it up. So far this is the ONLY problem I've had on the machine and it's so infrequent and quick and easy to fix that it's not worth my time trying to reslove it unless it gets worse, knock on wood.

I'm running a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.