EP121 battery life with XP18000

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by greygabe, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephensheppard

stephensheppard Pen Pal - Newbie

For those who want to save a couple bucks and avoid a drive to Walmart, go to Radio Shack and buy the following:

1. Part 273-348 adaptaplug power cord
    2. Part 273-324 adaptaplug G
    3. Part 273-335 adaptaplug B
    ($24 total)

Assemble the cable by inserting both tips with the same polarity - with the tip letter and the 'negative' or 'minus' aligned with the label on the power cord that says 'TIP'. This preserves the polarity of the XP18000, which is what the EP121 requires (negative on the outside of the pin, positive on the inside).

This will work. I am using it now. It is silly that Xpal takes months to figure this out. They should reimburse owners for the Radio Shack purchase.

2. Revcobb

Revcobb Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow another good solution ...and cheaper. How snug does the adaptaplug G fit the EP121? I believe the G is the one that goes to the EP121?

3. stephensheppard

stephensheppard Pen Pal - Newbie

The G plug is the one that goes into the EP121 -It seems to fit fine. No noticeable Wobble or looseness. The pin on the G plug is perhaps 1 or 2 mm longer than the pin on EP121 power supply, but connects securely and works fine. It allows use of the XP18000 until the Xpal folks get their act together.

4. Revcobb

Revcobb Pen Pal - Newbie

Good show, thanks!

5. WildParadise

WildParadise Pen Pal - Newbie

Confirmed that la source can't have both sku for the type g and the extension female female.

Seen it on ebay but didn't saw the type g plug, they have type b plug in store.

Nearest one is in plattsburg... this is weird that a company want to sell a product, advertised their free tip for lifetime but can't have the tip for months.

6. NickV

NickV Pen Pal - Newbie

I was debating on buying the XP18000 and your Radio Shack solution in order to get the extra battery life. I noticed the cable for the adaptaplug is only 6 inches long however. Does that go from the Ep121 to the XP18000? So you only have 6 inches of total space between the battery and the Ep121?

Thank you

7. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I actually got a couple of the G-plugs from Radio Shack before I tried the Walmart adapter and the plug from the Walmart adapter I believe is a better fit in the EP121. The the cable and plug for the XP18000 work just fine and I'm using those as well now.

Thanks!

8. vectorman

vectorman Pen Pal - Newbie

Note that the Adaptaplug cable is 6 feet long, not 6 inches.

9. WildParadise

WildParadise Pen Pal - Newbie

10. NickV

NickV Pen Pal - Newbie

According to the Radio Shack website it is 6 inches..
    Of course 6 feet seems much more logical, so i'll go for it anyway. Just wanted someone to verify.

Tech Specs

Dimensions

Product Length 6 inches