Envy Note 8 - Instant Note needs OneNote

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sitongia, Dec 18, 2015.

1. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

When I run HP Instant Note for the first time, an alert comes up saying, requires OneNote (Win32 desktop edition). Huh? This is 64-bit Windows 10 Home with Metro (or whatever they call it now). OneNote Metro is already installed. Why would it need the desktop version (I know that has more functionality)? Looks like Instant Note doesn't work out of the box.

Thanks for your help.

2. sitongia

Never mind. I went ahead and installed the Office suite and all that in order to get the desktop Onenote. Bummer that it takes up so much space.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

You can remove the programs you don't use.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

4. DevilGear

DevilGear Pen Pal - Newbie

can anyone point me to where to get hp instant note? i have the windows store model which didn't come with it installed but still has the little wheel with it as an option. i downloaded hp notes hub from the windows app store, but i can't find hp instant note and really wanted to utilize it. i have office 2016 installed so i know thats not why it isn't working.

5. sitongia

The problem with Onenote persists. Instant note hub wants Office 365 installed! Weird. Onenote is available free, so why would HP make Instant notes depending on 365?