Envy 8 Note stylus is now erratic

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sitongia, Jan 9, 2016.

1. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

The stylus has started working erratically. When drawing a line, it draws dashes. When I use a mouse to draw, I get a continuous line. Same thing happens in multiple drawing apps. Battery is good and swapping it doesn't help. Funny thing is that it appears to be turning on and off at a high frequency, because when I sweep the tip across the page of a drawing app, the dashed line is pretty uniform in the length of the dashes. Also, when tapping on the screen to do other work, it isn't reliably sensed, so it must be turning off and on all the time.

Has anyone else had this experience? I guess the stylus is broken. I'll have to return it to HP.

2. Yongtao

Yongtao Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not experiencing this so far. is it possible to try out another stylus from somewhere?
    good luck....

3. sitongia

I've found by disassembling the tip that I can leave it sticking out more and it writes smoothly. Very reminiscent of the trouble I had with my Dell V8P.

4. sitongia

The problem comes and goes. It appears to improve by tilting the stylus at a large angle away from perpendicular to the screen.

I used the support page to fill out the form to report the problem. That gave me a case number and a phone number. I called the number and an HP tech troubleshot it remotely. Could not reset the tablet, do to an unknown error, but the tablet passed diagnostic tests.

They are shipping me a new stylus.

5. sitongia

Maybe it's the battery It tested good, but a new one is gooder. :~) With a new one, there are no dashed lines. So, the battery lasted only 2-3 weeks.