Envy 8 Note hard to wake up

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sitongia, Feb 7, 2016.

1. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder why my tablet is hard to wake up sometimes? I push the power button and sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes the backlight comes on. Maybe it comes on all the time. I'm not sure because I've been trying different things as it reoccurs. Lately I've been trying the volume buttons to see if the screen shows the level, and it does. I try some button equivalent of cntl-alt-del, and I think that power-down-volume wakes it up.

When this first started happening, I would simply hold the power button down until it reboots.

Is there a way to reconfigure the tablet so that this no longer happens?

Sometimes this happens while I have the tablet docked via a Plugable device. Then I can type cntl-alt-del and it wakes up to show the PIN prompt screen.

p.s. It's frustrating to type this posting in because the Edge browser hangs so often. I think it might be that the ads on the right of the page refresh.

2. JazzJackRabbit

JazzJackRabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't know, but I had this happen to me as well, exactly same symptoms as you're describing. I press power button, backlight comes on, but the screen is black, if I press volume buttons, I get volume level popup, but the rest of the screen still stays black. I could not find any pattern to this behavior. It's completely random and I haven't had it happen to me in the last few days.

EDIT: my tablet is going back to buydig for unrelated touchscreen problems, the top left corner is flaky when it comes to touch, doesn't respond very well to it. I guess that's what I get for buying open box item.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  3. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

I have had this happen several times. I have to hold the power button until it turns off and then hold it in again to restart.

Bishop likes this.
  4. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

FYI, I did a full reset using "Update & Recovery " > "Reset this PC" and dont seem to have this problem any more. Your mileage may vary but it seems to have resolved the problem for me (at least so far)!

5. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

Looks like pressing between the up and down rocker buttons is another

button and with the power performs cntl alt del.