Enhanced graphics driver from wacom????

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alphaod, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linda.sheffield

linda.sheffield Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone;
    I have been fighting with Painter X for a day now. Not surprising, as I am new to Painter, but my big problem is that I can't seem to get pressure sensivity out of my pen.
    I searched Lenovo to see if I am in fact pressure sensitive. I learned that we are not fabulously pressure sensitive, but we are 256 pressure sensitive. Okay, so now, I can actually get it to work in Windows Journal, but not in Painter. So, after bouncing around for a while, I came across this driver on the Wacom site.

http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

I am using Vista, and when I clicked on Vista, this is what I got (although the wording says "XP Tablet", I am assuming that because I clicked on Visa, it is compatible with Vista as well.

Anyway, it is supposed to enhance the pressure sensitivity in Photoshop (which I have yet to upgrade), and Painter, which I am using a trial version of as we speak.

I know how drivers can get, so before I actually install this thing, I though I would ask for advice first:).

Can anyone help? Can I install this? Is this what the problem is or is there some sort of pressure sensitive preference in Painter that I have yet to find?

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi Linda,
    The Wacom Enhanced Graphics driver which you mention is one which I advocate strongly for any user of a Tablet that supports pressure sensitivity to install.

Using this driver really does give better control over pressure sensitivity.

I don't use it with Painter but it most certainly works with Photoshop.

3. linda.sheffield

Wow! Big difference! Thanks again:)

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No problem Linda.

You may not have noticed it but with Vista and Photoshop, without the Enhanced Driver, when you start a line using pressure sensitivity, instead of the line commencing as a faint thin line getting thicker as you apply further pressure and draw the line, what you get is a series of small dots at the beginning.....

Now with the Enhanced Driver installed, drawing the line and adding pressure is much more natural.... an even tone of pressure from start to finish.

Sheer magic. :)

5. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

If you have mt-mv screen, this update disables the touch, as far as I know

6. linda.sheffield

No, I do have the touch screen, and so far it is fine:). So no conflict to report there:).

7. g2tl

Ah, I should update too.
    Thx :D

8. orlandoinsane

orlandoinsane tablets: M1300, X61T

Blargh! :( What a downer! I have the MultiTouch option, and the wacom enhanced driver doesn't disable the MultiTouch... It doesn't do anything!

I don't get it... The Microsoft Ink Art application works fine, but there is NO pressure sensitivity at all in Photoshop... Will wacom be updating their enhanced driver? :confused: (please g-d don't make me have to send this computer back... i just got it!) I got this to draw on... the multitouch just seemed like a perk... So I guess I have to email Wacom and find out about support... or box it back up and hope that it doesn't take weeks to get back to me...

I am hoping someone on here already has dealt with this... Anyone?

9. g2tl

Apparently, you didn't finish reading the thread :p
    The touch is still there :D

10. orlandoinsane

orlandoinsane tablets: M1300, X61T

Whoops!:p
    it's not really about the touch being there, it's the fact that the pressure sensitivity isn't :(
    mine doesn't seem to recognize the driver... any ideas?
    I'll try installing it again...

EDIT: WoooHoo it worked... I guess the fourth time took!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.