Encore HDMI and Miracast issues.

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by sharkasport, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharkasport

sharkasport Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

There have been a number of discussions on the Dell and Toshiba forums regarding issues with the Encore and Venue 8 Pro not enabling users to DUPLICATE (Mirror) their screens via Miracast and HDMI. Instead it appears that the machines are forced to EXTEND. Which is completly pointless on a tablet as you have no way to control the 2nd screen.

Dell Discussion Here:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/dell/59427-venue-8-pro-miracast.html

Possible Encore fix here:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/toshiba/59957-encore-owner-s-lounge.html

However I have not been able to get it to work (This was after my Encore was fully patched with the latest Windows updates). It may work on a NON Patched Encore)

Microsoft seem to know about the problem
    You cannot duplicate the display to the second monitor on a Portrait-First device that is running Windows 8.1

From my own troubleshooting the Encore appears to supporting screen Mirroring (Duplication) via HDMI and Miracast when it comes out of the box (Stuck at 800x600 resolution). The moment that Windows 8.1 downloads updates onto the Encore the screen mirroring (Duplication) stops working and you are only able to extend the display.

From what I can gather it maybe a mix of issues with Intel and Microsoft:

- Intel not having updated software to support full resolution mirroring/duplication via HDMI and Miracast
    - Microsoft not having updated software to enable mirroring/duplication on 8" devices.

What fixes/troubleshooting have people performed?

2. frakius

frakius Pen Pal - Newbie

I downloaded the update from the dell website and installed it manually which seems to have worked I get a mirrored screen ( though at the tablets resolution not 1080 but its not 800x600) I actually just decided to plug my mouse into my tablet and output display to tv to save on battery use, the tablet barely uses any battery when screen is off.

3. Musky

Musky Pen Pal - Newbie

Frakius:
    Let me get this straight. You downloaded the patch from Dell's website for the Venue, and used it on the Toshiba enCore?

4. Dave S

Dave S Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello All...I just bought an Encore. Sounds like many others are experiencing the same frustration regarding the HDMI connection. I get only sound and the Start page with Windows Icons to appear on my tv screen. Admittedly I am not a computer expert...probably me doing something wrong. But I cannot view what I am watching on the tablet on my tv. The hdmi was the major reason I bought this tablet. I'm tempted to just return it...thought I would check in here first. Any ideas? Thanks!

5. KSABoy

KSABoy Pen Pal - Newbie

I can confirm that the solution with DHL Graphic driver do not work... Yes it updated my GPU Driver like you will see on pictures, but still same issue... I had a very bad time installing the driver, i have been so close to brick my device, but somehow I managed to install it but as I already told it does not work...
    Here is some picture of my Encore after updating my driver, you can see on yours and you will see that I have newer driver but still nothing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If some of you have any solution please share it..

I can confirm that I managed to do this on my Encore:

- Fully installed and working Garmin Mobile PC

Still nothing with charging issue and HDMI solution... I also had a blinking problem when I massed my auto brightness option... That is all

- ps. Shering worked with hdmi on tv just with 800x600 after restart

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  6. KSABoy

KSABoy Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there something new? Has someone managed to run it on 1080p?

7. Fa310tx

Fa310tx Pen Pal - Newbie

I kind of have it working.
    If the tablet is set to 1280x800, then the picture is small and centered on the TV.
    Unfortunately, if I set it to 1280x720, the TV can display it full-screen (albeit overscanned).
    But, I can't play videos with any Windows 8 video apps (Windows Media Player crashed).
    JJ

8. tataniko

tataniko Pen Pal - Newbie

Not a serious issue mirroring.

Just use any second monitor standalone, and control it with your finger on touchscreen.

Also, just change landscape / portrait mode on your external monitor with flipping Encore, and you will find an option in control panel / tablet pc setting to show your finger in external monitor.

Simple.:hi2:

Edit: it is working in 1080p too.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  9. Fa310tx

Fa310tx Pen Pal - Newbie

I updated the Intel drivers, from Dell.
    Now all 1280x* resolutions can be cloned, but all at small, centered, sizes.
    Apparently, the tv's resolution is 1366x768 and I see no means of scaling the image.
    Any ideas?
    JJ

JJ

10. spunker88

spunker88 Pen Pal - Newbie

For tvs use 1280x720 as the cloned resolution. This is 720p, other resolutions (besides 1080p) may get scaled in weird ways by a tv or not show at all. Then find the scaling option and make sure its on Maintain Display Scaling for the tv not Centered.

bettyboop050686 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.