Enable Windows8 Metro Snap

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by rainsey, Jan 19, 2013.

1. rainsey

rainsey Pen Pal - Newbie

During the Windows 8 CP period a registry fix appeared that force enabled metro snap on lower resolutions. I would like to enable the feature on my EP121 as i normally only use half of the screen, any ideas on howto enable this feature?

Cheers,
    Andrew

2. Titi66200

Titi66200 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    How Enable Windows8 Metro Snap?
    Thanks

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I believe the LS Snapping reg tweak was disabled after CP. I've been searching for a way to enable Snap as well, but so far have come up short :(

5. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I just don't understand why when there is a possible solution to do snap with lower resolution screens, Microsoft took solution away and still expect you still to be a Win loyal customer?

Is there a conspiracy with Manufacturers to ensure you buy more expensive laptops?

6. rainsey

rainsey Pen Pal - Newbie

As Marty stated, the regedit fix does not work in the retail version. I've been waiting for a workaround or hack but i guess more time is needed.

I brought my ep121 to use as an alternative to my i7 desktop however, i'm hardly using it as i'm finding it difficult to make it a useful alternative - i.e. adobe ui too small for touch and problems syncing files/email between pcs (deleted on one pc and not the other). The only advantage is reading documents and marking them up in fullscreen metro apps which i would like to snap.

7. rainsey

rainsey Pen Pal - Newbie

The conspiracy is ensure that your tablet is A4 size and hard to travel with compared to the A5 size devices like the hp slate 500. I wouldnt like to carry around anything bigger than the ep121 but i find the size of the slate 500 perfect.