Enable tm2t GPS?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by hoongss, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A30N

A30N Technologist

Do you have Google Earth installed? Did you click on the 'Location Button' in Google Maps in a browser? If so, one of those applications is already connected to the com port that your GPS is sending NMEA data out through. Unless I am mistaken, there are only two programs that can split the data streams and forward them to virtual ports where multiple applications can access them, and they are GPSGate and GPSPlex. GPSGate requires a license and GPSPlex requires that the user speak fluent Spanish.

Neither are attractive options for me...

2. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Pen Pal - Newbie

how do you use the gps with google maps? I can't find anything to let me to it. When I try with google earth, it throws me in the ocean by Africa

3. A30N

A30N Technologist

In the upper-left hand side of Google Maps, you will see the pan tool (circular with 4 arrows and a hand in the center). It is a little square button with a circle in it, just below the pan tool. Click it once and wait for your GPS to initialize, then it will update the map with your location.

4. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

Is there a better mapping program than Streets & Trips or Mobile PC?

5. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

i Just installed the gobi card.

This was from a previous clean win 7 installation.

installed the gobi driver from hp,-and have module diagnostics and nmea ports.

autoroute finds the device and com port,- but no satellites.

i even connected wires,-and tried them externally.

It finds my provider ok, but gps still doesnt work. Any ideas?

edit--

any other software i can try?

6. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

The first time you connect will take the longest. I had to wait 25 minutes for the first connection to satellites, and the second time was 10 minutes, third and subsequent times are 2-3 minutes. Hope this helps you.

7. jonpet

ill wait and see what happens.

Going to try to reroute the wkan antenna. When taking off the rubber feet at front, do they glue on again afterwards?

edit ...nevermind

i took the plunge and opened the top case and rerouted the aux cable.

the result from using u shaped antenna inside the compartment is very good.

From -92dBm to -70dBm in the same location.

But no gps after 50 min. garmin mobile is serching for better signal, or ms autoroute is just searching. Garmin on a nokia phone takes 5 min to locate signal at same location.

i followed this one, since im on same network.
    Then under com port set flow to hardware.

Maybe try to install it normally and see if NMEA port is listed. Made an image before installing the gobi card, so can try if that helps.

8. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

Oh, sorry, forgot to say that you have to set both the diagnostic and nmea ports to hardware flow control, uncheck "enable this device to power off", then it should work. Good luck.

9. jonpet

thanks, no luck yet.

But found out when installing gobi driver
    sp48430.exe it will not create the nmea

Have to set "Dev1=GPS=1" for that to work. Strange since its the opposite of what it says here.

10. SxePhil

SxePhil Pen Pal - Newbie

i had to register and logon just to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for you guys. the gps now SUDDENLY works :)

i tried the sp48430 and changed the line to Dev1=GPS=1 and after doing that i restarted and it didnt show up THEN the laptop went on sleep mode when it came back it installed the rest of the drivers and boom it works :)

hope this help for you guys and another thing, I DIDNT have to reinstall or clean install windows 7, just uninstalled drivers and installed and rebooted and now MS&T finds gps perfectly :)

i love you guys :D lol, thank you so much.

oh and i dont even have to have CONNECTION MANAGER open :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.