Enable tm2t GPS?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by hoongss, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlindWolf8

BlindWolf8 Comparer of tm2s

If anyone feels like nuking their tm2 and doing a fresh install from a pure Windows 7 disc, please remember to run RegShot (see here: regshot | Get regshot at SourceForge.net) before and after installing the Gobi driver to see the registry changes.

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If people feel confident that this will actually get to the core of the issue, I'll definitely look into it over the holiday weekend. This is really the last thing outstanding on getting my tm2 the way I want it.

3. hoongss

hoongss Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a note, disable WWAN does not disable the GPS. I Still got GPs signal even the WWAN is disabled.

4. A30N

A30N Technologist

Huh. I switched the WWAN off and on, and Google Maps loses the signal when the WWAN is off. Must be due to the difference in drivers and software from your machine and mine.

As for the idea of RegShot, that's a damn good idea I totally forgot about. I'm on my second clean installation of Windows 7, and I won't be doing a clean reinstallation until I iron out a few more bugs with the current setup, which I hope to have solved by the end of June.

Typically, with a new machine, my first clean installation lasts about 3 days, while I perfect the driver installations, the second installation lasts a few weeks, while I perfect the software installation, and the third installation lasts until the computer dies or I sell it.

My current issue is this, perhaps you may be able to help:

Google Maps works flawlessly with the GPS. However, in Google Earth, when I turn on the location feature, the map rotates to the opposite side of the world (somewhere in the middle of the ocean)! Also, Microsoft Mappoint worked perfectly with the GPS until I turned on location in Google Maps. Now it doesn't pick up the signal at all.

My question is this: Should I use GPSGate or is there a freeware alternative? How do you split the GPS signal to different applications? I want to send it to Google Earth, Google Maps, Mappoint, Delorme, and maybe a small utility that just displays current longitude and latitude.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

5. BlindWolf8

BlindWolf8 Comparer of tm2s

You want to send the GPS signal to all those programs at the same time? Why so? Are you really going to be tracking your location on more than one program at once?

6. hoongss

hoongss Pen Pal - Newbie

Use Garmin MobilePC. It is almost free and you can make it free easily :)
    You can just download it from their website.
    If you need help in make it free, PM me

7. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Pen Pal - Newbie

got it working kinda. You have to delete the driver and gobi program. restart, and install the program again. it dint reinstall both drivers for me. but i gave up, went to bed, and when i came back windows installed the other one.

My problem now is it is sitting at searching for satellites. I am out side. I am using microsoft streets. any way to fix this?

8. nerdcissus

nerdcissus Pen Pal - Newbie

The other way around, changing to "Dev1=GPS=1" worked for me (I am on Netcom in Norway). After rebooting, the tm2 first installed new drivers for the Qualcomm loader, then for the NMEA port on com9. I am extremely happy right now. Thank you very much for this excellent hack :D

9. A30N

A30N Technologist

What...?! lol :D

I have finals this week...ugh. I'll get back to hacking this driver soon, unless anyone has a friend over at mydigitallife.info, I remember awhile back a kind soul hacked a driver for me that was just outside my level of skill. There are some mad crazy genius programmers lurking there...

10. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone help me with my problem? I have followed the steps, got everything working, have both of the COM ports in my device manager, Microsoft streets sees my GPS device, but I cannot find satellites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.