Elitepad 1001 Prediction (or wishful thinking)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dceggert, Nov 1, 2014.

1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I am sitting here on a quiet day in my easy chair pondering what could be in store for the Elitepad. A Core M would slide into it very nicely and bring with it access to a real SSD. Atmel may have to stay due to device thickness but Wacom is also supposed to be working on a battery powered pen for a single layer digitizer but the Atmel v3 system on the 1000 works well enough when the pen contacts are cleaned. Retaining use of the ecosystem should be top on the list of design requirements.

A huge boost of performance and storage space without compromising battery life should be the next step!

What say you?

2.0™ likes this.
  2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

They could do a non-battery powered Wacom and keep the thinness. The Asus Vivotab Note 8 (among others) has it and it works very well.

Not for nothing, if they added a Wacom Pen digitizer with Atmel Touch digitizer, they wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.

And if they took your advice on the Core M and mSATA SSD... mmmph. I'd bang on their doors with a fistful of cash exclaiming, "take my money! Please!"

dceggert likes this.
  3. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

I assume it will be named EP 1100 G3 ;-P and I don't think they will offer it with a M-Processor but rather an improved Atom and with eMMC again.

The last one of the EP-series, I guess, has a fairly good chance to get real improvement in hardware (with full SSD).

4. ag95keri

ag95keri Pen Pal - Newbie

I already banged on the door with a fistful of cash ... and waited almost a month for this one. Yes, I'm a bit behind since I didn't get it until Nov 2014, and I'm still mostly enthralled since I've only had it for 2 months.

And I'll probably be banging their door down again for the next one ... especially if it has a Core M and mSATA SSD!

I do agree with dceggert
    While better performance and more storage always get me excited, my biggest request would be better accessories. (Yes, I'm a girl, and I want the accessories to be prettier, but that's not exactly what I'm talking about.) Very specifically, I'm referring to the Productivity Jacket. This is a big ugly thing that is very cumbersome to get my baby in and out of. Why does it have to be so thick and clumsy to use? Come on HP! This is a high-end "Elite" device. Give us an elite accessory worthy of the name. Why can't we have a nice, sleek snap on/off keyboard? All the other tablets have one! (Stomping to my room and slamming the door now.)

Oh, and while I'm asking, the new keyboard should have a place to store the pen. I bought 2 because I just KNOW that thing is going to get lost or broken floating around in my purse.

5. dceggert

I don't really mind the extra bulkiness and weight of the jackets, especially the expansion jacket with its access to ports and the second battery. I leave work in the evening after a full day of notes and PDF markups and I still have more than 50% charge left. It spoils you to the point where anything else makes you keep your eye on the fuel gauge. On the productivity jacket, well, yes, it is very difficult to get the device in and out of that one. Luckily I do not use keyboards that much and just write things out with the pen. Looking back on it I should not have purchased it. Oh will, live and learn. I am approaching a year now with mine and even learned replacing the screen is very simple. It is back in service as my main device. It will be in use with me for quite some time yet!

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

If they can increase the color gamut, along with a full size USB slot, while still being able to use current jackets with the aforementioned Core M, I'm sold.

7. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

The Elitepad jacket design was a dead end. It's a relict of the history. Like the IPAQ jackets from 2000. No one would like to walk around with a mini tablet and as an example a phone jacket in 2015.

There is the new 1011 with Wacom. The little Core M brother of the Pro x2 612 and the digitizer works like a charm.

LTE, Fingerprint + smartcard reader - all in one box

8. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

9. dceggert

It's just another 11.6" 16:9 widescreen convertible ultrabook that is keyboard focused. An Elitepad successor it is not.

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Is the 1011 X2 mil spec like the ElitePad 1000?