Eliminate screen grainiess by removing digitizer for tx2000?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by DRTigerlilly, Sep 30, 2010.

1. zwow

zwow Pen Pal - Newbie

how fortunate i had got my tx2000 touchscreen cracked duing an air flight.... and it cost me 300$ to replace a new touchscreen... lucky i dont like to use the touchscreen and removing the touch screen seem like a good idea from what i read here. Just one question.. how do i remove the screen frame?

2. Drummerbones

Drummerbones Pen Pal - Newbie

You just pop out those little rubber stoppers around the screen. There are 8 i believe. Don't forget the ones near the web cam, those are square. And they are also at the bottom in the same area as on the top. Then remove all the screws. And carefully pull the top casing off. It should come off fairly easily. If you have the fingerprint reader, make sure to unplug it once you unsnap the casing before pulling it away. And obviously don't forget to plug it back in. I did that and didn't realize until I turned my computer on again.

3. pee_jayy

pee_jayy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey whazzup & drummerbones,

I removed the touchscreen plastic on my tx2 in an attempt to remove the graininess on my screen. The graininess is now gone, but I seem to have lost pen functionality. Any guesses as to why this has happened?

4. MioTheGreat

MioTheGreat Pen Pal - Newbie

So, my digitizer cracked, and I removed it. Anyone have a good source for a replacement? I'm very hesitant of using my pen anymore, because I'm afraid I'll damage the LCD.

5. int21

int21 Pen Pal - Newbie

TX2510us
    Just removed the blur glass out of my screen.

Way better screen experience!

Now I know why my eyes suffered for this long.
    Low dot pitch is not the major problem the blur glass is!

Ripples are nothing for me.
    The gap is not noticeable.

Thanks for sharing this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. coaxmetal

coaxmetal Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I think the ntrig digitizer is a two-in-one design. By removing the digitizer, you lose pen functionality too. Nice to hear it got rid of the graininess though.

I sort of wish I had bought a tx2500 now: the tx2 screen is bearable, but just barely.

7. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Do note!

this is only for tx2000 and tx2500 series, NOT tx2!

Also, one can juz peel off the film, and leave the glass on top of the lcd display! Updated my 1st post to reflect this.

8. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

Any pics of this film?

9. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

erm...not really...it's basically a piece of thin, flexible and clear (or shld i say, slightly hazy) plastic over the glass. You do need to take the black plastic lcd chassis off before u can see the edge of this film.

After that, use nails or something hard and thin to push up one edge, and then you'll be able to peel it right off...

10. fatpanda

fatpanda Pen Pal - Newbie

Would it be possible to remove the protective film on the screen and retain the touch screen capability?