elastic pen cursor on TX2500

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by trans6, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trans6

trans6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    I just bought an HP TX2500, I am an illustrator and plan to use the tablet to draw directly onto the screen using the pen. Photoshop is installed and working well, I have the latest Wacom drivers, the cursor is calibrated and directly under the pen nib when still. It all seems to be working except for one problem when moving the pen quickly the cursor trails behind the pen slightly. Infact it behaves like it is on a little bit of elastic about 5mm long espeically when I do something like a fast scribble. This isn't a photoshop problem as it also does it when moving about Windows. I'm wondering if this is normal and I'm just being super fussy.:D

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You might want to check the mouse settings, sounds like the pointer trail.

[​IMG]

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's normal and caused by wisptis.exe, which is responsible for the calibration.
    If you stop this process (you'll have to delete a few files, else it starts again automatically) you'll see that the lag is gone, sadly the calibration, too.
    Maybe they've improved this with Windows 7, but I don't know, I haven't tested it yet.

4. trans6

trans6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your help. I guess I will have to live with it. I suppose it effects all vista tablets?

5. DRTigerlilly

No it doesn't affect all Vista tablets, can't say i've experienced that on my x61.

6. trans6

trans6 Pen Pal - Newbie

I wonder if you draw in photoshop? I don't notice it so much when writing or generally moving about the screen, as accuracy is not so important. However I'd be interested to know if your cursor always sits directly under your pen and dosn't swing about at all.

7. DRTigerlilly

i don't use photoshop, but i can't say that i've ever experienced the swinging cursor that you refer to.

Even in the case of scribbling quickly or just moving the pen quickly on the screen, the representation of the pen seems to sit directly under the pen to me.

8. trans6

trans6 Pen Pal - Newbie

ok thanks for letting me know. I guess I do have a problem then. I guess it may be because my machine isn't as fast as yours? Mine has a zm-82 processor with 3 gigs of ram. I found that photoshop cs4 was slow on this machine so I have gone back to cs2. I think Vista is a bit of a monster.

9. trans6

trans6 Pen Pal - Newbie

10. DRTigerlilly

ok i think i misunderstood what you were experiencing. That's normal for the technology, and i had my cousin who's an engineer try the same w/ my tablet & he says its equal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.