EeeNote waking up by itself.

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by Micha, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micha

Micha Pen Pal - Newbie

So yeah, I still have no clue why it does that, and since my recent format, it's back. Although, I seem to have noticed that this bug appears at about the same time as the bug where the notes, books and calculator texts near the icons on the home screen disappear. This *may* be linked to a faulty SD card, as this thing with the icons seems to be SD card related.

2. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

The notes, books and calculator are the first 3 items in the default menu. If the icon texts start disappearing it usually means you have installed more applications than the menu software can support. You can find the limit else where in the forum. From memory it is about 8 or 10 applications.

The fact that the icon text is disappearing is likely to indicate that the memory is being trampled on. Under these conditions it's unlikely that the system will behave correctly. So it would not be surprising to see apparently unrelated symptoms like SD Card corruption.

For safety it would be prudent to limit the number of applications installed on the Eee Note.

3. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you guys recently installed the qtPDF viewer porter and modified by d.Goryachev?
    I do not have the problems with stand by but I am now seeing the "Saving user data message" too. I had not seen this before
    installing the apps and the new qtpackage manager

These are the only two changes.
    I have not migrated yet to the RU firmware

4. acantorius

acantorius Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I have the same problem, I tried several things to no avail, I finally formatted the internal SD and I installed a ROM (RU 139.1011) different, but it does not work, still waking up on their own. Maybe it's a hardware problem and not software?

5. Micha

Micha Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe... I really don't have a clue there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.