eee Note Toolchain (the easy way)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by maidenone, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uterr

Uterr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys! I figured out, how to fix all my previous issues :) can you help me in one more little tiny thing X) how to change icon of my painter in launcher? i've allready found a config file where i added my app, but icon cannot be loaded from sd (for some reason), it should be only in /usr/local/eTablet/bin/launcher/icon, where i cannot copy my icon :)

2. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

By default the system stuff on the sd card is read only. To put your own files there you need to set it to read-write while you copy files. Your best bet is probably to get hold of any of the app installers and have a look in the dvt_check script. You will see commands for write enabling the system partition, etc. You could adapt an existing dvt_check script to make an installer for your own app.

3. Uterr

Uterr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there! Thanks :) but i am not that familiar with linux, what is that dvt_check script? Can i just execute some linux commands to do what i want?

4. adamherst

adamherst Pen Pal - Newbie

On startup, the eenote checks to see if a file named dvt_check exists on the extrenal SD card. If it does, it runs the commands in the script. This was the first way people were able to modify the behaviour of the eeenote. The Full Install dvt_check amalgamates the modifications done by many of the contributors to this forum into a single script.

The lines from the Full Install dvt_check script with the commands that remount the internal SD card as read/write are:

# --------------------------------------
    # Mount the filesystem as Read-Write
    # --------------------------------------
    WriteLine "Mount the /usr partition as RW..."
    /usr/local/eTablet/remount.sh 2>>error.log

I hope you'll share the app once you've got the bugs worked out.

Thanks,

Adam

5. Uterr

Uterr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, thank you guys :)
    I already made layers (but only 5 layers total), unfortunately, individual layers opacity is taking to much processor power, while drawing on layer still can be transparent (so you cold not draw sketch and make it like 20% opacity to ink on top of it, but you actually can fill layer on top of sketch layer with 80% opacity white).
    Maybe, some one can put my drawer into repository? X) Cursor on top of canvas is visible also.
    I am working on scaling (well, at least i want to create fixed 2x and 4x scaling) and about different parameters of pen (like min/max width, min/max opacity).

Anyway, do somebody still using eee note, or it just me? X)

6. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi Uterr,

I can put it into the repository for you.

To be honest, I've stopped using my EeeNote and have moved on to a chinese made Android tablet called the "Inote A8" which has a battery powered, pressure sensitive stylus.

If you are going to do more development for the EeeNote and you want direct SFTP access to the freeenote.org website, send me a PM and I'll create an account for you. You would then be able to update your own repository packages.

pb

7. lonk

lonk Pen Pal - Newbie

hey, this is great! thanks for contributing and giving extra life to the eee note! I'll be sure to test it heavily :)

I still use the eee note after 5 months of having it, I use it to write memos and make quick gesture exercise drawings http://i.imgur.com/R87hkGF.png, also to read comics (as long as the images in cbr file is extracted in a folder, and select 'open directory' Qcomicbook run very stable, I also converted my pdfs to images and open them from qcomicbook (I don't use annotate features)).
    and installed other things like castget from the repository to download podcasts and mocp to play them. and even once used transmission to torrent from there. very nice :)

Interesting about filling the top layer with x% opacity white, I've been trying similar with neeeondraw + imagemagick, but it's a hassle to do even when running the commands remotely on a PC via ssh, (I'm not a programmer so I have to settle with these workarounds, so thanks for working on this, it's a nice welcome :) )

very nice device :), I'm jealous I don't know chinese so don't know where to look for these kind of devices, (I hope in 2 or so years small mobile tablets with pressure pens are not as niche as now so that there are more options than samsung note devices)
    can it be dual booted and run debian? mypaint on this looks appealing!

the eee note is good enough for me, though, nice build and good 8-9 hour continous battery, and thanks to the applications in the unstable repository, found a few extra uses for it :) so thanks for maintaining it!

8. eddy

eddy Pen Pal - Newbie

Heya,

So you're still planing on uploading your program, we'd be glad to try it out :)

9. Uterr

Uterr Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.