eee Note - custom templates not showing

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by milanc, Sep 13, 2014.

1. milanc

milanc Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

Received my eee Note a few days ago, bricked it within hours, unbricked it, messed around, installed some stuff... but I am having some trouble with custom templates: they simply do not show in the list.

I have tried those from the freenote.peterbarrette.com repository, as well as sheet music templates from a thread around here, but to no avail. Renaming the new templates' folders in /eTablet/etc/templates/ or something of the sort (and adjusting within? I remember checking whether that was necessary, but I don't remember any adjustments), rebooting several times, creating a new note file and trying to use the templates from there... nothing has been of any help; yet removing the obsolete 2011 and 2012 calendar templates was pretty straightforward.

In case it is significant, I am using firmware 1.0.16.139 (RU), and have installed QTPacker, qOrganizer, FBReader, CuteNotes, QtFM, SpeedCrunch, muViewer, qtMail, and ConsoleQ.

Thanks for reading! I hope someone will have an idea as to the cause of the problem :)

2. milanc

milanc Pen Pal - Newbie

Solution found: templates are not detected if files marked executable; fix with chmod 644 /eTablet/etc/template/*/*