Easy Software Manager 1.1.31.21

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by DuperMan, Dec 22, 2011.

1. DuperMan

DuperMan Pen Pal - Newbie

Easy Software Manager 1.1.31.21 appears to be out.
    I've mirrored the installer on multiupload because from my experience the Samsung download servers are pretty slow/bad, BASW-13177A54.ZIP
    Hope it's useful.

The new version wants to install the graphics driver, bluetooth driver and win7sp1 critical updates/patches - does anybody know if those were updated as well? It might be an issue with my installation of ESM but it's be a nice surprise if these are legitimately newer versions. (My issue was that ESM wouldn't load after updating, so I uninstalled it and used the installer from "C:\ProgramData\Samsung\Easy Software Manager\Compress" to reinstall).

Samsung's downloads site for the A01US is oblivious to the newer ESM version as of 13:00 (UTC+02:00), 22/12/2011.

2. Canouna

Canouna WinUnleaked

Thanks!
    The old version cannot update itself to this one, say check your network connection...

Sensor driver don't work... also rotation lock button...

Someone know where I can found these sensor driver for the Windows Developer Preview?

3. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

Can't get ESM to work.

When I try doing the recommended upgrade - get a network error.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling - same problem.

And now when ESM runs I'm getting an "unknown error".

Perhaps I'm missing something... But how is this EASY???

4. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Windows 7 driver installed in compatibility mode worked for me.

5. Canouna

Canouna WinUnleaked

Wich version you had?

This one don't work on w8 beta.

Motion_Sensor_1.7.9.7.zip

Maybe you can find a new one like for ESM?

6. bobp

Made multiple passes to go back to the version posted on the Samsung site - uninstall the current version and reinstall the posted version - with different variations of running with and without adminstrator's privileges.

Each resulted in the same results - trying to update to the new version gets an error. And after that update fails, running ESM results in an "unknown error".

Whatever happened has completely corrupted ESM.

Going to try rolling back to a backup from a few days ago - and see if that works any better...

Still trying to figure out how this is "easy"...

7. bobp

Rolled back to a backup several days ago - and I'm still getting the same problem:

When starting ESM 1.1.24.19, I get a notice that there's a new version (1.1.31.21) available. I hit "OK" (which is the only option), and then get an error message - "An error has occurred while updating Easy Software Manager. Check your internet connection and run Easy Software Manager again."

I then hit OK, and ESM starts up with "Loading Program ... Please wait". After a while, I get a new message displayed "Unknown Error - An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later". Hitting OK closes ESM.

Is anyone else seeing this? And has anyone been able to resolve this problem and get the ESM update downloaded and installed?

8. DuperMan

DuperMan Pen Pal - Newbie

Completely uninstall previous ESM
    Reboot
    Install linked ESM

9. jasoncli

jasoncli Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine wouldn't automatically update. However, I didn't have any problems installing from the link provided above. However before I installed it I made sure to terminate the ESM process. I don't know if that made a difference.

I am also seeing that the new ESM want's to install new drivers that the old version didn't. Some of these are pretty big installations. I figure that the updates would drain yet another gig of my hard drive away don't forget the restore points. I don't know about you but my hard drive is cramped. Can anybody who has installed the video driver tell us what version the Intel graphic driver is after installation? 200+ megs for some of these installations is crazy. I uninstalled most of the default software because it just took too much space on the SSD. Do we really need a 218 meg weather app?

10. bobp

Just tried that - and it still doesn't work - same result...

ESM starts up - and then get "Unknown error".

NOTE that this is the same error I am now getting with the previous version of ESM.

If others have ESM working - just need to figure out what's different on my slate - and fix it...