Easiest way mirror your laptop screen onto your tablet?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by kneehowguys, Mar 20, 2014.

1. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

Easiest way mirror your laptop screen onto your tablet?

There is teamviewer. I'll try it. Can you get the laptop to communicate directly to the tablet instead of through the internet?

What are the shortcomings of an android tablet mirroring a windows laptop screen? Does it not function effectively as a windows tablet? Too slow/laggy? How is annotation/notetaking on an android tablet that is mirroring a windows laptop?

If you want a windows tablet why not take an android one and then use teamviewer for your windows laptop?

2. kneehowguys

Basically comes down to this. You've got a tablet in front of you and a laptop in front of you. You want to write on a powerpoitn or pdf on your laptop There's a file on your laptop that is not on your tablet. You could try cloud solutions and hope you don't end up with two different files

but it seems easier to mirror the laptop and directly write on the laptop provided the lag is not terrible.

I know things like samsung have sidesync so you can mirror android device on laptop but not the other way around I believe.

3. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

You can remotely access Windows over the internet with teamviewer but latency very much depends on the connection speed and refresh rate. An other shortcoming is the lack of pen pressure data transmission i.e. you can only use the pen on your Android device as a mouse. It shouldn't be a hassle for inking though.

4. kneehowguys

I feel like someone must have made a tablet that mirror what you see on the your computer. Tablet as a computer accessory for drawing...

Sort of like wacom cintiz except you can see what is on your screen on the tablet itself.

Cmon someone has done tihs?

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I don't think there is a good way to do what your asking. In principle it is possible, I just don't think anyone has made that principle a reality (at least that I'm aware of). The pen will just be treated like a mouse on the tools that exist, so that means no pressure and no automatic switching to drawing mode when the pen is detected (more important than pressure in my usage). I think the cloud solution, while not perfect, is the best approach in terms of what is out there.

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

The Cintiq Hybrid Android Tablet does this, you plug it into your laptop and it becomes a mirrored Wacom enabled monitor... unplugged its an Android Tablet. Granted, it is $1500 but it does what you want...

7. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

set up an access point on your laptop, and share a folder containing your onenote notebook and powerpoint presentations, and on your windows tablet pc, try to open these files from UNC path like \\192.168.0.xxx\shared folder\bla bla bla
    Anyway, non windows tablet pc just doesn't make any sense for pressure sensitive note taking.