E-reader for Tablet PCs

Discussion in 'Software' started by singisumina, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

I searched around for good e-reader software for my tablet PC... So far, it looks like the freeware Calibre (calibre - E-book management) supports the most formats and seems pretty flexible. However, it does not allow for two-page reading, which would be nice for full-screen viewing, and also does not seem to support annotation... What do y'all use?

Sidenote : If only one-page viewing is supported, then I'm considering just using Stanza Desktop for Windows (beta) Download Stanza for Windows | Lexcycle and syncing to my iPod touch as an alternative. (The only plus to clunking around with my X201t to read books would be the larger screen for two-page-view reading & annotation.) I find it the most versatile desktop e-reader for a Windows PC that can also sync to an iPhone/iPod touch. (Whereas MS Reader, Kindle for PC, Nook for PC, and Sony Reader for PC all support their own limited formats) If paired with Calibre, it can be pretty powerful to support all import/exports!

2. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

ComicRack with PDF plug-in does the job.

I personally use Adobe Reader Digital Media Edition besides Calibre.
    Dead simple with decent UI and it works flawlessly!

ARDM is built on AIR platform, think about TweetDeck UI.

3. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

Neither ADRM or ComicRack support epub/lit/pdb files, unfortunately :( Thanks for the suggestions though - if you hear of anything else, let me know!

4. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

ADE (sorry, please omit the 'media' thingy, I suppose it comes from my own imagination :p)

does support epub

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Honestly none of the PC ebook readers are all that good. Calibre is my favorite out of all the ones I've used (which have been many), but that's not saying much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.