Dynapad won't turn on

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Kanthara, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Kanthara

Kanthara Pen Pal - Newbie

So, um.

This Dynapad is turning into one of the worst purchases I've ever made, computer-wise. I'm really frustrated.

I did nothing wrong to this thing. I know it is fully charged, because the light indicator tells me so. The power button, however, doesn't seem to work. I kept it pressed for up to 60 seconds and nothing happened.

Toshiba support is not willing to help me because I'm just a month out of the guaranty, and this is an American machine living in a Canadian house, which means Toshiba US says "You're out of luck" and Toshiba Canada service centers have no freaking clue what this thing even is. I can't find anything online to help me, since so few people actually own this machine.

Does anyone here have any clue, hint, or any knowledge how to turn this thing on?

... I miss my Eee Slate...

2. Kanthara

Never mind. My power button is glitchy, but fiddling with it enough eventually worked.

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

With the dynaPad plugged in, try holding down the power and down volume button simultaneously for up to a minute. I don't know if that will do anything, but on the Surface Pro it forces a safe boot.

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Glad it worked out for you.

5. Kanthara

I tried this at well. Eventually I handed it to my husband, who pushed on the button using two fingernails to apply pressure to the whole button, and it eventually worked. I rebooted, then turned it off and back on again... and figured out I need to tilt it in just such a way to read properly. Which... does not bode well for the tablet's longevity. Oh well, works now!

surfaceproartist likes this.
  6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

This sounds similar to an issue I had with my Toshiba Portege WT310. It appeared to be the power button at issue, but it ended up being a. BIOS error for which there is currently no fix. What I did however do, is to enable a setting in the BIOS.
    Under power management enable "power on by ac", and with that setting enabled, I'm able to turn the device by plugging it in.

Oddly I haven't had button issues since I reinstalled the PC with stock Windows. It's a really odd problem.
    Just wondering if what you're experiencing is similar.

WillAdams likes this.
  7. Kanthara

That would be really helpful! I'm not sure how to get into the BIOS on this thing, but I'll look it up. Thanks!

8. DRTigerlilly

What model is your Dynapad ?

9. Kanthara

They made more than one? It's the WT12PE-A.

10. DRTigerlilly

The Dyna- moniker seems to be used in Asia as far as I remember.

EDIT. But you are right that there aren't more models of this particular tablet.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017