Dynapad 2in1

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by nannlp, Oct 6, 2020.

1. nannlp

nannlp Scribbler - Standard Member

daddyfish likes this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Bronsky and WillAdams like this.
  3. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, the weight. It is 1 kg (2.2 pounds) so very light for a 13.3 inch laptop with touchscreen/digitizer. Specs are also very good, Intel Xe igpu, thunderbolt, repair friendly and lots of ports. The 16:9 ratio makes it a lot less interesting though I think, bit cramped with 13.3 but some might like it. If the screen was 3:2, like 13.5 inch, I think this would have been a homerun for 2-1 fans.

4. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

is the Dynabook X30W (https://asia.dynabook.com/portegeX30W-J) the same as the Dynabbok VZ/HP (https://dynabook.com/direct/2in1-mobile-note-pc/vz-series/vz-hp.html) ?

the only differences I spot are the listed weight (989g vs 979g) and the pen seems different (the japanese VZ/HP has a wacom pen marked with `feel it` by wacom)

seems to be a super nice 2in1 convertible indeed. EVO certified. Intel 11th gen processor, lots of ram, very lightweight (<1kg), good numbers for the battery life.
    any report on the fan noise levels ?

competition as of 2021-04 would be Lenovo X13 yoga gen2 (heavier), TBA Samgung Galaxy Pro 360, Galaxy Flex 2 5G (emr, but heavier and noisy fans), X1 Titanium Yoga (smaller battery)

5. daddyfish

, not sure about the noise values, I would guess low noise since iirc performance is slightly reduced (but probably not noticeable in practice) to improve battery life and as a secondary results that would also decrease temperatures and therefore noise. Might want to double check the cooling system though (perhaps Lisa from Mobiletechreview on has a video on this or an upgrading/disassembly video).

6. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

there is a recent youtube review of the dynabook X30W-J in german with a view of the innards

it shows 2 fans, but I'm not sure if that"s a good thing or not, I don't know these fans sound profile.
    I'm tempted to make a blind purchase, matte screen, lightweight, performance seems ok, pen experience looks fine for AES2, the only things I'm worried about are the fan noise and keyboard typing experience (and battery life, but since it has EVO certification, it should not be too bad, I'm hoping for 8h of actual use)… also the dynabook VZ/HP's pen looks much better...or maybe wait for galaxy book pro 360.

7. daddyfish

, good find, 2 fans is usually pretty good actually (while budget laptops tend to have 1 fan). You can always decrease noise & increase battery life further in Windows by clamping cpu performance, when for example on battery, to ~95%. This can actually help a lot and even sometimes 'fixes' fan profiles of manufacturers. For plugged in (/docked) I personally keep it on 100% and use a laptop cooler to fully keep my laptop cool and fast.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

At first, I thought the screed detached. That would have been something. But, alas, no. You are correct, this looks like another version of the Yoga.

9. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

it's 'only' a yoga-style 2in1, laptop but this new generation of sub-1kg tiger lakes 2in1 laptops (dynabook x30w, Fujitsu u9311x, Galaxy Pro 360) is actually very interesting in my opinion: in terms of portability, it's about the same weight (or lighter) than a galaxy book 12+keyboard or a surface pro 7 + keyboard, but with a 13 inch screen, and no compromises when you need a good typing experience or want stability, the TigerLake is powerful enough for office and light photoshop/premiere, the battery life seems much better than previous gens.these evo-certified laptops/tablets are the most exciting things I've seen for a while in the tabletpc space. But yes I agree that a detachable screen woould make this even better.

daddyfish likes this.
  10. daddyfish

, agreed. Usually yoga style also means better servicing and upgradability (though recent Surface devices do have a nifty SSD hatch).