Dynapad 2in1

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by nannlp, Oct 6, 2020.

1. nannlp

nannlp Scribbler - Standard Member

daddyfish likes this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

WillAdams likes this.
  3. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, the weight. It is 1 kg (2.2 pounds) so very light for a 13.3 inch laptop with touchscreen/digitizer. Specs are also very good, Intel Xe igpu, thunderbolt, repair friendly and lots of ports. The 16:9 ratio makes it a lot less interesting though I think, bit cramped with 13.3 but some might like it. If the screen was 3:2, like 13.5 inch, I think this would have been a homerun for 2-1 fans.

4. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

is the Dynabook X30W (https://asia.dynabook.com/portegeX30W-J) the same as the Dynabbok VZ/HP (https://dynabook.com/direct/2in1-mobile-note-pc/vz-series/vz-hp.html) ?

the only differences I spot are the listed weight (989g vs 979g) and the pen seems different (the japanese VZ/HP has a wacom pen marked with `feel it` by wacom)

seems to be a super nice 2in1 convertible indeed. EVO certified. Intel 11th gen processor, lots of ram, very lightweight (<1kg), good numbers for the battery life.
    any report on the fan noise levels ?

competition as of 2021-04 would be Lenovo X13 yoga gen2 (heavier), TBA Samgung Galaxy Pro 360, Galaxy Flex 2 5G (emr, but heavier and noisy fans), X1 Titanium Yoga (smaller battery)

5. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, not sure about the noise values, I would guess low noise since iirc performance is slightly reduced (but probably not noticeable in practice) to improve battery life and as a secondary results that would also decrease temperatures and therefore noise. Might want to double check the cooling system though (perhaps Lisa from Mobiletechreview on has a video on this or an upgrading/disassembly video).