DynaPad 12" (1920×1280) Win10 - $650 pre-order

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by thatcomicsguy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. NotBatman

NotBatman Pen Pal - Newbie

found an unboxing

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

This kinda settles it for me. I am gonna pick one of these up.

3. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

http://imgur.com/a/19qd0

So I picked one up from the Microsoft store here.

I took some photos of the device, and the notes that I was able to write with it. The inking is very comparable the Surface Pro 4. I quite enjoy it as a lab note book or a notebook for preparing lectures. (The notes I prepared were finding the resting membrane potential of K+ across its concentration gradient)

The tablet is extremely light. Overall the sound is pretty bad, I have to plug in headphones for it to be serviceable sound. The performance is sluggish when loading pages just with the edge browser. (Leggy @Bronsky )

If you want a sketch pad I cant answer this question for you. I do not own any art apps, nor do I pretend to do art. I only use OneNote for my day to day operations.

I like the inking though in onenote. I like that this is fanless, super light (if you have held the surface book in clipboard mode this is how light it is)...

The nib on the pen has an acceptable amount of friction. Wacom AES is pretty good overall. I find it to be better than the Surface Pro 4 pen solution but I think I found a winner.

4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Marty supplied the following from another thread and I thought it was a cool way to give any tablet a quick art-app workout...

He suggests a variety of tests which you can do if you'd like, but basically it's a low-impact way for you to play around with a free bit of art software (which has, even today, one of the most fluid and satisfying brush engines ever written) to see what it can do. If you could share your reactions, that would be great!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  5. donbartolo

donbartolo Pen Pal - Newbie

The topic dedicated to the Portege Z20t starts giving info about the Rx-82/skylake update here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/toshiba-portégé-z20t-discussion-thread.64523/page-90

alextrela182 likes this.
  6. neten

neten Pen Pal - Newbie

The battery life time-percentage in 8.03'' does not look good at all...

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That is a great looking tablet. I'm impressed at how small you can print and keep everything neat. Looks almost like an accountant's handwriting.

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I've tested it a few times and it is almost impossible to describe how thin and light it is, yet Toshiba claims 10 hour battery life. It really is like a clipboard with four sheets of paper on it.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Agreed, 3.5 hrs at 94% battery. But that was at full brightness, and he also literally just booted this thing for the first time, so for all we know there were some huge updates downloading in the background. At least we know it has longer battery life than the Surface Book's clipboard. :)

upload_2016-2-5_17-56-25.png

10. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just got one to review. Very nice first impression, except for a strange clip on the pen's end for attaching to the tablet and the worst speakers I have ever heard on any tablet, bar none. I never even mention speakers within the scope of my reviews, but these things sound like a 9 volt transistor radio and make even system notifications sound godawful. The bundled Dolby audio app does nothing to improve the sound either.

alextrela182, JoeS, soh5 and 2 others like this.