DynaPad 12" (1920×1280) Win10 - $650 pre-order

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by thatcomicsguy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I assume that the nibs are made of a similar conductive material to what you find in N-Trig nibs. Unfortunately, since they're different shapes, it's not possible to test by interchanging them.

2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It would be much better using the same x8700 CPU as Surface 3 and at least one USB C port.
    Bad decision by Toshiba and fail the quality of the speakers.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

3. NotBatman

NotBatman Pen Pal - Newbie

You can practically hear Toshiba pinching pennies, and watch and see they give this tablet no marketing either. There wasn't even a case available for the Write. They put themselves in weird territory.

Wonder if the chinese tablets will ever get wacom AES.

4. neten

neten Pen Pal - Newbie

5. neten

neten Pen Pal - Newbie

A fresh review

alextrela182 and thatcomicsguy like this.
  6. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wow that's one of the worst devise Toshiba released so far as I can see from several opinion or review until now.
    It's a shame.
    What was Toshiba thinking.:eek:
    Epic fail!

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  7. bin23

bin23 Pen Pal - Newbie

The reviews I have been translating for this don't appear to be glowing. This can't be their flagship device.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think this was deliberately planned to be an "economy" device. They may have even scaled back on the engineering budget; I can't see how they could have missed such poor speaker quality otherwise. I suspect they have some room to move if they wanted to drop the price by a couple hundred bucks.

The Dynapad is pushing close to the borders of that strange netherland where once expensive pieces of equipment morph into the disposable category. We're not there yet, but it is something we may soon start to see more of. -That is, cheap-ass everything for cheap-ass price points.

We're already thinking of phones and computers as having fairly short lifespans, what with the whole non-replaceable battery paradigm which seems to have landed in our lives with barely a peep of public outcry.

Heh. I wonder if we'll ever see solar powered computers? (That doesn't seem likely). -But maybe ambiantly charged ones feeding off home wifi networks or something. -At which point, they'll become like that immortal pocket calculator which has been kicking around in my life since the 1980's and which I still use sometimes today. It lives in the back of my kitchen drawer.

I doubt computers will go that way entirely, now that I think of it. Perpetually needing to replace them makes better market sense, from a strictly profit-motivated headspace.

9. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

The DynaPad seems to've disappeared from Toshiba's ordering site (product page is still there though), which makes me sad, and curious about what they'll be unveiling next.

10. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

WillAdams likes this.