Dynabook Tab 10 or Encore Write 2 10" in Japan

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Kumabjorn, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

I dont know if you read my review on annotating pdfs on the Encore 8. But the Adobe Reader feels bloated and glitchy to me on the device (it feels a bit bloated on i7 t907) Really the only desktop ap that felt that way on Encore. Ive switched to Drawboard pdf. Nice pen experience.
    I know that doesnt directly address your Adobe Reader problem. I have not seen that error. I'll bang on that later and see if I can reproduce.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have Drawboard as well, I use a lot of balloon annotations and they show in Reader when hovering, but in Drawboard you need to click then to show. I have a lot of texts in classical Japanese and the only way to read then is through heavy annotations. Hence the need for showing content when hovering.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

If you haven't already, consider filing a feature request for this on their UserVoice page.

4. Kumabjorn

I believe I'm the reason they implemented balloon annotations in the first place. Requesting that to show up when hovering seems a tad ungrateful.

5. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

PDF XChange viewer does exactly that, and can also summarizes all your annotations. (It's a desktop app, but GUI is customizable enough to be comfortable on the Encore 8)

Kumabjorn likes this.
  6. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

@Kumabjorn I made time this afternoon to try a roundtrip annotation of pdf in Adobe Reader XI through DropBox. No error for me on Encore 8". Although I very much dislike the experience of Reader on this device - super chuggy.

Fresh install of Dropbox client on Toshiba Encore 8" (DropBox 3.2.4)
    I put a 3mb pdf in Dropbox on my Fujitsut904
    I opened the pdf from the synced DropBox folder on Encore and made pencil annotation , yellow hilights, and a ballon annotation
    Clicked Save. It alerted "<filename> already exists. Do you want to replace it?"
    Clicked Yes.
    Closed Reader
    Opened pdf on Fujitsu through synced Dropbox folder
    Annotations all confirmed on round trip.

Using: Adobe Reader XI 11.0.10

I also tried making annotations on the Encore with the file open on both machines and it messaged that the file was read only and open on another device. But I didn't see an error 135. Closed file on fujitsu and was able to save a second time.

TPCR has been of great help to me in the past. I'm happy to pay back on these kinds of stubborn problems. Let me know if there is something else you'd like to try.

7. Kumabjorn

My research indicates that error 135 is caused by something corrupt in Windows, I might have to reinstall it. PITA:mad:

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

That is one angry looking smiley.

9. Kumabjorn

Posted by one angry chick.
    But seriously Meso, smiley? That is so 90's, they are called emoji these days because they convert so much more than smiles. ;):cool::oops::rolleyes::D

10. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Emoticons?