DVD Burner for the X41?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by camerond, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the site. The best thing about having the full dock is the ability to set your X41 into it, then have external speakers, an optical drive, an external display, mouse, keyboard, etc. (and any other external components already connected). The dock is a good investment for users who might want to have a "desktop experience" by placing the tablet right onto the dock without having to fuss with cables.

2. biggmomma

biggmomma Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks! Makes sense, especially if you are going to use the laptop as a desktop everyday. I guess I have 2 related questions.

1. Do we have a choice of what dock we can use for X41. I know that the X4 dock is the standard. Are there other, cheaper ones? I also heard about the ibm port replicator. Is that the same or is it a cheaper version of the dock.

2. Will the dell 2405 monitor work with the x41 tablet directly? Will it work with the x41 tablet + dock?

I found the following thread about it but it remained inconclusive. Has anyone tried this setup? I will give it a shot at my office before buying the giant - will report back.

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/579009962631/m/993005376731

TIA

3. harijono

harijono Pen Pal - Newbie

The Dock is quite usefull, I connect RJ-45, PSTN and Adaoptor plus USB Mouse to it, just need to dropt into the dock when i need a connection to those periperals

4. camerond

camerond Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately, I don't think the docs have audio out jacks to run your laptop audio to external speakers (other than the crummy speakers on some docking stations). This would force you to purchase an external USB sound card if you really wanted that functionality.
    For me, a dock should have powered USB, VGA, audio out, RJ45, power, and that's really about it.

If anyone knows of a 3rd party dock, please let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.