Duo 13 throttling? Benchmarks in tablet mode?

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by DrCheap, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrCheap

DrCheap Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have comparison scores for Laptop vs Tablet mode on the Duo 13? I read it throttles down in tablet mode but am curious how much. Geekbench scores in both laptop and tablet mode (and whether ac power and battery make a large difference) would be very much appreciated.

I've only got a rough guess on this based on the available scores on the Geekbench site and would really appreciate some better data to compare to what we are seeing in the early Q704 reports.

This is the only comparison I have found so far:
    "The power reserves of high-end components can be fully utilized only in notebook mode. In tablet use, the clock rate of the processor is throttled to good 1 GHz. This power reduction is observed not only in the games and in image processing, but even when scrolling in the Modern UI. Even in the browser appear when scrolling web pages often small trailer. 3DMark 06 to certify the Sony Vaio Duo 13 whopping 7180 points in notebook mode, the convertible in tablet mode only achieved 3981 points in 3DMark. Similarly in the Cinebench from 10 multi-core test. The Vaio Duo 13 as notebook reaches 11,607 points in tablet mode with a CPU clock speed of 1.6 GHz, there are only 7164 points."
    http://technorach.blogspot.com/2013/10/Sony-Vaio-Duo-13-Laptop-Review.html

Thanks much!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.