Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by nheel, Mar 1, 2011.

1. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know how to control a second monitor without a mouse? I remember seeing a program for such a thing, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

2. prepseb

prepseb Scribbler - Standard Member

What you mean without a mouse?

3. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

yes. just using the pen if possible

4. ChrisRS

ChrisRS Scribbler - Standard Member

When you extend your desktop to an external monitor, you set the destop properties to "position teh monitors side by side or stacked vertically. With a mouse, as you roll off the edge of the primary moitor the cursor appears on the external monitor. When you move the pen to the edge of the main screen, and drag the pen off screen, the cursor stays on the primary screen.

There is no "out of the box" way to use the pen as an input device to work on the external screen.

A posible solution is the "Extended Desktop for Tablet PC" power toy for the original TabletPC XP version. I have tried it in Vista but not Win 7. I do not know if it responds to touch as well as pen.

I use this ith my convertable TbletPC. I do not have a EP121. Try at your own risk.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a7-9ec8-ae26c1461887/extendeddesktopsetup.exe

5. ChrisRS

ChrisRS Scribbler - Standard Member

A posible solution is the "Extended Desktop for Tablet PC" power toy for the original TabletPC XP version. I have tried it in Vista but not Win 7. I do not know if it responds to touch as well as pen.

I use this with my convertable TabletPC. I do not have a EP121. Try at your own risk.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a7-9ec8-ae26c1461887/extendeddesktopsetup.exe