"dual monitor" on R1F?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by alphaswift, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Nicke

Nicke Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to use a 2nd monitor in dual mode (not just a monitor showing the same as the laptop screen) on the R1F? After consulting asus and intel documentation (not very thoroughly I admit) I'm still a bit unsure, so if someone can say for sure I'd be delighted.

Thanks,
    Nicke

2. ranruiken

ranruiken Pen Pal - Newbie

Technically it shouldn't be impossible.
    The simple way is something like this:

Go to Display Properties => Settings, there you should be able to see 2 monitors. Click on the second one and then tick the box below which says : Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor. Hit apply and ok. That is it, it should work according to windows laws but there tend to be "exceptions" on windows laws, if you get what I mean :p

PS. Be sure you have your second monitor already connected before you tickthe extend windows... box :)

3. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

This capability is built in to Windows XP. It is a little clumsy, in my opinion. Hopefully Vista improves on it.

There is some free software out there, MultiMon, that helps out somewhat (I like it), and Ultramon, a fairly expensive program that has a great reputation for managing multiple displays.

I find using two monitors increases my productivity a lot. I've ordered the Kensington USB dock to set myself back up now that I have a R1F.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. kda

kda Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have purchased a copy of Ultramon in XP (I do not have as yet a tablet) which can be configured to support different wallpapers and different resolution between the linked monitors.

See this: http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Regards,
    kda

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just use the dual monitor capability built right into XP. My job forces me to be Powerpoint junkie, so I use dual mode all the freaking time. The really nice thing is that Office 2007 has made all of this much nicer. I am also looking forward to see how Vista can improve this further