[drivers] Windows 8

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by NePheus, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xn1337

xn1337 Pen Pal - Newbie

2. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, this link works, whereas if I go in through the ASUS UK website, only W7 drivers are shown. I have installed all except the BIOS update. Has anyone installed the updated BIOS 704 yet?

3. Geth

Geth Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi I just installed windows 8 and did all system updates. Hardware buttons are working smoothly. However PhotoShop sensitivity is not. I downloaded the Windows 8 package from Op, however after un zipping it using 7-zip I wasn't sure what to do from there "the unzipped package just has a series of files."

I would appreciate any further help with this as I use PhotoShop quite often. I also don't know how to update the bios is that something that needs to be done for Ps sensitivity?

4. Octavean

Octavean Pen Pal - Newbie

Its good to see Asus released some updated Windows 8 drivers for the EP121,... ;)

5. mwt

mwt MikeT

Hello
    Long time lurker here... This forum has been very helpful but I am running a new install Win 8 pro 64 bit and after downloading the g sensor drivers from the Windows site, it does notwork.
    It is unclear if this sensor works with the 64 bit system. Any help/advice is appreciated!!

6. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

You need to update the BIOS too, mwt. Not sure if the newest BIOS versions have this problem but for awhile there you had to reboot from the OS, not use the Winflash reboot button or you'd brick the slate. Maybe error on the safe side.

7. NePheus

NePheus Pen Pal - Newbie

Just read the whole 1. Thread:
    1. download and extract the archive
    2. install 707-4 mod, then 706-6, then 707-5 and finally 709-5
    3. restart

But the folders should also have numbers as first character, so you just have to install all of them in the right order: 1xxx->2xxx->3xxx->4xxx and then restart

8. mwt

mwt MikeT

Thank you for your reply. I have upgraded to 704 but it did not go smoothly.
    i downloaded and unzipped the contents to a thumb drive and started the installer while in Win8. I selected the larger cause I knew the Me wasn't it. Then I was told by the installer it was the right BIOS for my machine. So what can go wrong... I watched the old BIOS being deleted and the new being written, then the old being deleted and the new being written ..4times..I stopped the program at the end of #5 and shut it down and restarted. The system came up and most things are working except for the g sensor and the keyboard start key. Naturally I am hesitant to mess with the BIOS any more.
    I am also doing something wrong here because I think I have posted this reply and it goes to where all those HRt's go when they are not used...

9. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

I use the ASUS WinFlash utility. Download the BIOS file to your desktop, start the WinFlash utility and load up the file you just downloaded. When it finishes don't restart your system through it when it prompts - just use the Windows OS restart.

10. NePheus

NePheus Pen Pal - Newbie

I would not recommend to flash the bios the whole time, especially not with WinFlash in Win 8 (read 1. thread). First of all you should go to "Control panel -> windows updates" and check if you have installed all important AND optional updates! After installing all of them, restart your device and everything should work!
    The "Open Keyboard" button also works with older BIOS and all windows updates, so your BIOS should be up to date after flashing it 4 times ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.