[drivers] Windows 8

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by NePheus, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

Update:
    win 8, driver 709-5. Now I have wacom's driver with windows calibration! (tabcal trick). BUT that calibration works only in Artrage (wintab off) and Sketchbook pro. In Photoshop and others more complex software I have pen pressure but perfect calibration doesn't works. Important: IMO still eeti drivers couse some problems: Try to disable it in hardware manager (that means touch off), in my case drawing\painting\pen works much more smoothly!

2. NePheus

NePheus Pen Pal - Newbie

After a restart, I also got some problems with it, this seems a bit more complicate than just installing 1 file and its working.

The download is removed now, just refer to the 3 support threads, that I updated.

3. NePheus

NePheus Pen Pal - Newbie

Update

VGA instructions, and Wacom installation routine + calibration

4. goat

goat Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the standard drivers from Windows 8 RTM plus whatever Microsoft Update downloaded (on unmodded BIOS 704 / modded .inf with nearly new Intel drivers) and

1. I can draw in GIMP but no pressure sensitivity (I will have to investigate in Gimp has vector drawing plugins and pressure plugins)

2. I have a trail of Sketchbook Designer 2013 and it has pressure sensitivity. How much I don't know because I'm not used to drawing on a computer. I will say this about Sketchbook Designer 2013: wow! I wish I could afford the price.

Unfortunately I forgot to save my ArtRage Serial before I clean installed so I can't test that.

I'm wanting to buy a "poor man's" Autodesk Sketchbook Designer 2013. Any recommendations?

If not, then I have from around 2005/2006 an old Macromedia Suite that has Flash, Freehand, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver (and cost the same as that Sketchbook Designer 2013). Is there anything out there that can beat Freehand / Flash for less than $100.

Also I have Anime Studio Pro 8 and I could do some drawing in this as well but all the above mentioned are most geared to vector drawing. I would like vector drawing with line weights (according to the pressure sensitivity).

Thanks.

5. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

Why do you want a SB when you own ArtRage? It's similar, AR is ever a 'bigger' piece of software.

6. goat

goat Scribbler - Standard Member

Because I clean installed the Slate and didn't register ArtRage at the ArtRage website. They are not but on stickers underneath the Bluetooth keyboard like the Windows 7 Pro key.

So like the expensive Photoshop and VMware licenses I once owned and lost the serial numbers to; as far as these companies are concerned and regardless of the truth if I don't have the serial number I don't 'own' the product. Even though in the case of Adobe Photoshop I still have the original CD (yes that long ago but in some ways that version is better then the newest).

At any rate, I found my stash of CD / DVDs from when I embarrassingly and compulsively bought software at much expense and found my old Macromedia MX Studio and the license. There must be over 100 discs in there and 1/2 a decade of Macromedia upgrades. That will be enough for my mediocre art skills.

I want SketchBook Design 2013 not SketchBook Pro. However ever if you say Artrage is better in some ways (not bigger, better) maybe I'll try to recover my license from backup before I erase the backup although I have not ideal where to look and don't have an extra PC to restore the image too.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  7. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

NePheus, you definitely need bb_145's modded files to properly install the video drivers. Perhaps you should include a link to his upload and instruct users to drop those files in the graphics folder of the extracted video driver?

8. NePheus

NePheus Pen Pal - Newbie

If I am right, he just modified the certificates. With the description in this thread, you just bypass the check of the certificate.

9. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

It seemed to me I was only able to install the driver after replacing the files. I tried it the way you had outlined, then by replacing the files, but perhaps it wasn't a clean install the first time? That can happen too.

10. bb_145

bb_145 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi NePheus,

That is partly correct. The main thing that needed to be done is to modify the igdlh.inf file. Intel has it set up so it checks the windows version and if it finds Windows 8, the driver won't install. I then generated a new certificate following the post here:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/52779-intel-hd-graphic-driver-released.html#post291050

(note that the linked document is for the wrong driver, but it works for the correct one as well.)

It might work without generating the new certificate- I didn't try.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.