Drawing program made from QT wacom example

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by Uterr, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, thank you for your drawing program. I tested it and it works very well. I wanted to know if you're going to share sources. It could be nice. Since I start programming in c++, I was wondering how your program was. And if I could always improve it.

Thanks a lot again

2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Does this use anti-aliasing? That was always an odd element of the art I saw made on the eeenote. This guy seemed to know what he was doing, and I thought he might have made that change....

3. Uterr

Uterr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, i surely will share sources little later, but if you just starting to learn c++, they will be not good at all for you:
    1 - its QT, it has its own IDE, its not like good old c++, plus that IDE must be configured for EEE Note in a very specific way.
    2 - my code is just ugly, i only made it to do, what i wanted in any way, in rather very stupid way ;)

4. Uterr

Uterr Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, it uses anti-aliasing.
    There is two modes for drawing in QT canvas which used in this drawing program:
    not anti-aliased and anti-aliased, there is difference between this mode, but without comparison anti-aliased and not anti-aliased modes could look same to you. So i will add button to turn on, or turn off anti alias, so we can see difference.

5. ikonmaniac

ikonmaniac Pen Pal - Newbie

good job!!!!

6. DocV

DocV Pen Pal - Newbie

has anyone managed to add this to their launcher?

it works great when launched from cute explorer but for some reason my eeenote freezes if i try to run it from my launcher. i added it the same way i have added other things including neeeondraw.

7. Uterr

Uterr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey! I also added painting program to launcher, but it takes a lot longer, compared to starting directly from file manager. I don't know why.

8. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi Uterr,

The reason it appears to take longer to start is probably because you aren't using QCop Messaging to notify the launcher that your program has started, and aren't notifying it that your program has closed.

You may want to have a look here:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus-eee-line/41277-eee-note-toolchain-easy-way-2.html#post251401

Specifically, the attached [EeeNoteApp.txt] file, which should give you an idea about how to notify the launcher that you have started, and handle things like poweroff and sleep messages.

It will also show you how to update the title-bar with your app's title, and even implement the bottom toolbar if you want to use it.

pb

9. Uterr

Uterr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, thanx, i will check it out