Downgrade to XP from Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by DArkVisor, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DArkVisor

DArkVisor Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone, I was looking for a good tablet pc, that had pretty good specifications, and I sort of settled on the HP pavilion t1219au, the thing is its also for my college, which requires Windows xp proffessional to run the programs needed. I found one of those laptops on ebay and the guy said it was very easy to downgrade to xp from vista, which they al had. He would supply the disks also. But today I was looking for drivers on the hp website, and being HP they were against downgrades, and at the xp driver page http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=au&dlc=en&product=3543749&lang=en
    they only offered very basic drivers, not the video, bios or sound card.
    So my question is if its possible to actually downgrade to xp tablet edition 2005 from vista? Or should I cancel the sale?
    Thanks in advance!

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

this topic has been covered extensively, please search before posting. You will have to purchase a copy of tablet pc 2005 or if you have access to MSDN. Others have found drivers and are happily using XP on this tablet.
    You can find this covered here http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showpost.php?p=82100&postcount=1

oh & just for general knowledge the bios isn't OS specific. It can have improvements slated for a specific OS or feature for an OS, but they are OS independent.

3. DArkVisor

DArkVisor Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, thanks for that!
    Sorry if that has been discussed, I sort of did a general look around different forums, and didnt find anything. But then it turns out quite a few people have done it.
    Merry Christmas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.